8🐾 Puppies

/please note;this is a fast paced novel and we're skipping the details about copulation, birthing or newborns being cared for. It does not directly affect the plot and is quite frankly boring to read about. If this novel feels too fast faced, well- it is. Theres no filler chapters\

________

The young Pitbull and her companion had settled into Pack life well. However, Gypsy couldn't help feeling distant from Ace as she grew more and more inseparable from Bronx.

Her and the stout male dog now permenately shared his den, and slept there together each night. Gypsy felt a deeply repulsive sadness for the loss of her friend, but was always pulled out of it by her mate.

Just like now. Bronx noticed her faraway look of sadness, and curled tighter around her. Just like he always does. The white dog felt warmth seep into her paws as the male's fluffy tail wagged over her back. She's comfortable, but can't quite shake the feeling of restlessness.

"Get some sleep, dear. The prettiest she-dog in the world needs her rest."

Gypsy giggled and looked over at his broad head, just inches from hers.

"You're exagerrating a bit, don't you think? I'm scruffy at best." She sniffed and turned her head away.

But Bronx gently licked her ears. "No, no. You have by far the fairest, sleekest fur and the most beautiful ears ever seen on a she-dog." Gypsy's heart ached with profound love for her mate as he rested his head against hers.

Bronx fell asleep quickly, and Gypsy sighed contentedly. With his tail wrapped around her, she couldn't feel more safe. Even the darkness of the den felt somehow more comforting and private.

Then the darkness was expelled, as Ghost eerily appeared out of the inky blackness before her. He was crouched in a fetal position, head almost scraping the ceiling. It looked uncomfortable for such a long-legged man.

"How do you do that? It's creepy, appearing out of nowhere," Gypsy commented serenely as Bronx twitched against her in his sleep.

"Sort of like conjuring the visions, actually." He blinked knowingly at her. "I think about something I wanna know or somewhere I want to be, and it happens. Sometimes..." He trailed off darkly. His eyes crinkled even more as he did so.

"I tried to go to a person, or back to the shelter by myself. It doesn't work. I'm stuck traveling between only you or Ace, for some reason." He frowned seriously at the white Pitbull.

"And I tried to talk to the other dogs here, even. I don't understand them!" He sounded outraged, and frightened. For the first time Gypsy began feeling concerned, but he swept on.

"They sounded like barking, whining and growling. Whatever the reason, I'm not meant to understand them. Only you two. And WHY?" His eyes shone pleadingly straight into Gypsy's.

"Umm... I don't know anything about ghosts, I'm sorry." Gypsy shot him a sad glance full of sympathy. "I don't even know why they exist."

Ghost's human-y eyes were wide and round as he anxiously stared at her. Then, his gaze grew thoughtful. He tipped the hat on his head with a finger-pinch.

"Well, I do know one thing... that God creates ghosts. Or at least, sends them back here. Or leaves them here, or...UGH!" He spat, tearing feebly at his hair and dislodging the ghostly hat.

An aura of light surrounded it as it flitted to the earth. Even as the man leaned forward, the light emitting from his clothes bounced off the dirt ceiling and into Gypsy's eyes.