Jason

ATHENA POV

He never told me what he wanted, I pouted. I didn't want to get fired for bringing him a salad with tomatoes if he didn't like tomatoes. But who doesn't like tomatoes?

I began to worry as I strolled down to my coffee shop. Well, it wasn't my coffee shop but you know what I mean. I didn't even know what he liked, I had never seen him eat at work before. Maybe he's a vampire and he feeds off humans, my thoughts continued. But that didn't make sense, why would he be asking for food if he was a vampire? Did he want to eat me? Sending me on an arduous task would get my blood flowing... maybe it does make sense.

What was with him, anyway? "Use your words"? He was my boss. Last time I checked, you could be mute and have this job. He rarely spoke, and when he did it was just him yelling. So why have the need to communicate with my words?

My train of thought derailed as I nearly walked into the glass door of the coffee shop. I need to be more observant, I deduce in my head.

As soon as I walked in, the aroma of coffee grounds and cinnamon met my nose. I breathed in deeply. This was my favorite place to be, other than with Hera of course. I smiled to Jason, my coworker.

"You're earlier than usual." he said sarcastically, knowing I didn't come in until around 5pm.

"Oh hush up you big oaf." I say, walking behind the counter and pinching his arm.

"Hey! That hurt." He smiled as he said it, giving me the impression that it didn't.

"Good, i'm sure it did." I hold back a giggle.

After I made it to the back, I looked around at the options. Muffins? No, he doesn't seem like the
type to eat that much sugar. Bagel sandwich? Maybe, but it might be too many carbs for him. Salad? Perfect! "He seems like he eats healthy," I conclude out loud with a finger on my chin. With his muscular arms that seem to burst out of his shirt, his firm thighs tight in his dress pants.

I shake my head. No more no-no thoughts. I grab the Caesar salad, with tomatoes, and head back out towards the front.

"I'll be back at 5," I smile at him, giving his arm a squeeze as I walk by. He was like a brother to me, always protecting me and taking the mean costumers I couldn't handle.

"I'll be counting on it," He smiles back. And with that, Athena out! And Athena back to work... ugh.

I trudge down the sidewalk and soon back into the building. As soon as I make it to the top floor, something seems off. There was no more hustling and bustling, but instead an eerie silence as all my fellow coworkers stared at their computers, refusing to look anywhere but there. Confused, I follow my path to Mr. Wallace's office.

I enter and notice hes tense. Very tense. As soon as he notices me his eyes never leave mine, making me feel shy under his gaze. I try my best to lighten the mood, smiling as I hand him his food.

"I brought you a Caesar salad, I hope you like it." His hand brushes mine as he takes it, making my hand seem to ignite in flames. I look back down and listen for his response. When I realize I won't be getting one, I turn and attempt to walk back to my office but I trip over my own shoe. Dognammit! I was hoping for a dramatic exit.

Thankfully I didn't fully fall and was able to catch myself after a little stumble. I turn around and shoot Mr. Wallace an apologetic smile, then I walk back to my office. Well, that was really embarrassing, I think to myself as I close my door. I leaned against it and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I glance at the stack of papers on the floor, now determined to get them done. I still needed to get home, change into my uniform, get Hera settled, and walk to the cafe. I was feeling a little overwhelmed, but I knew I could handle it.

It'll all be worth it some day, I smile and try to remain optimistic. I just wish that day could come sooner.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

749 words

vote and comment!