Self Control

EVERETT POV

So many things ran through my head when she told me she wanted me, Everett Wallace, to be in the same bed as her, Athena Lynn.

After the thoughts of her moaning out my name passed, I thought about my self control. I couldn't ask her to do this after what she had been through today. I needed to keep myself under control. I couldn't let her soothing voice bring me overboard like a siren. So I said what I could, trying to mask everything running through my head.

"Okay."

Okay? Was that it? I should've said more, I knew how much confidence it took for her to say that and I should've said more. Fuck.

"Okay you will?" She asks.

"Okay I will," I repeat, "I will sleep next to you but only for your comfort, nothings gonna happen." I state as steadily as I can muster, trying to convince myself of my words rather than her.

"Okay, I'll go change. Where's the bathroom?"

I point, not trusting my voice.

"Thank you."Always so polite.

She walks to the bathroom like a cute little penguin before emerging. She looked so pretty in pajamas. Her sweats were a little too big and she was still wearing my shirt, and by the looks of it no bra.

She stuffed the things she had taken off into the bag she brought up with her before climbing into the left side of the bed. She went under my covers and I knew in that moment that she would be the only woman to come into my room and sleep in my bed. No other woman compares to how beautiful she looks under my sheets.

I worshiped her and the ground that she walked on. I knew there was more behind the shy exterior she tended to put up, and I was determined to bring the real her out.

I was wearing an oversized T-shirt and grey sweats. I usually just wore boxers, but I don't want to make her uncomfortable. The shirt was a little much though.

"Athena, would you mind if I slept without a shirt? I usually don't wear one, they're uncomfortable to sleep in."

"I don't mind, Everett." Well you don't have to tell me twice.

I took off the shirt and walked over to the right side of the bed. I got comfortable under the covers and used my remote to turn off the lights. Then, I turned on my bedside lamp so that I could read. Athena was rolled over, her front facing me, although her eyes were closed.

I put on my dark framed reading glasses and took out my most recent book I had been reading. I was reading for about 5 minutes before a melodious voice rang out in my ears.

"Everett? You read?" She asked, sounding baffled.

"Umm yes I read, who doesn't?"

"Monsters." She giggles. I couldn't help my self with the proximity, I had to get my thoughts out.

"I've always loved your giggle and the way you smile, you know that?"

I don't have to look to know she's blushing. I close my book.

"How about we play a game," I start, rolling over onto my side to face her, "21 questions?"

"That sounds fun! I can't sleep anyways, it's too early. Do you want to start?"

"Sure, how many siblings do you have?" I ask.

"Just Hera, do you have any?"

"My older brother Joseph, but he's kind of a douche. I don't talk to him much."

"Oh, i'm sorry for bringing it up then," She pauses to think about her next question, "Hmmm... If you were an ice cream flavor, what would it be?"

"Mint chocolate chip, it's my favorite. What's your favorite childhood memory?"

"Probably one of the million times I cooked with my mom before she passed, it would probably be before Hera was there as my mom was pretty tied up with her," She smiles, reminiscing. "How many girlfriends have you had?" She stifles another giggle by biting her lip.

"Nothing that serious, I'd say. I've been waiting for the right time to make a girl mine, I didn't want to waste my time on anyone who didn't make me feel like you do." I reach over and untuck her lip from her teeth, letting my hand rest on her cheek before retracting it again.

"Everett?"

"Yes, darling?"

"If I ask if we can kiss, does that count as one of my questions?"

"Hm, I'll think about it." I get closer to her and place my hand behind her head, pulling her in as my other hand wraps around her waist. Her lips fit against mine passionately. They're soft and perfectly pink. I tighten my grip around her waist and pull her closer. Self control, Everett.

Fuck it. I take my other hand off the back of her head and use both hands to pull her onto my lap. She lands with a small bounce due to the mattress dipping.

"Ev, I-" She begins, but stops, blushing furiously.

"You what, princess?"

Her eyes widen in realization after a few moments.

"You're the- you're him! You're the guy from the club!"

"It took you this long to figure it out?" I smile, putting my hand back where it was behind her head. I gently pull it down until her ass is up and her ear is right next to my lips.

"I really liked when you rubbed your ass on my cock." I emphasize my statement with a squeeze on her back side. She makes a noise of surprise.

She sits up and turns away, giving me the opportunity to throw my head back at the contact of her warm core against my dick.

I recover and look back at her, her face is more red than i've ever seen it.

"Listen, love," I place my hands on her thighs, "It was a great experience for the both of us, so don't be embarrassed."

She turns back to me but keeps her eyes down. My hands inch closer to what's between her thighs.

"Look at me, thena." She does.

"Tell me you're okay with this, and if not we can stop. I never want to make you uncomfortable."

"I want this, Everett. It's okay, i'm okay with this." She says, never breaking eye contact.

And with that, all of my self control flies out the window.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

1072 words
everett's lowkey an overthinker 😭
see how things heat up even more in the next chapter!