.ten

CHAPTER TEN

.CHAPTER TEN.
" lost "

.• —— MARA walked through the cold streets, regretting her outfit choice yet was very glad about her jacket choice. She shivered, pulling her coat closer to her body and crossing her arms over her chest. "It's freezing, isn't it Athena?" She muttered as she put her hand inside her bag, petting the small bunny who was actually quite warm inside the bag. She thought for a moment. "Hey, Athena, want to test something?"

She crouched on the ground, placing her bag on the floor and letting the small bunny jump out of the bag. Athena stared at her, going on her back legs as she looked around — one ear up and one ear down. "Try your best to focus, okay, lovely? Try find him." Athena sniffed in the air for a moment before walking around the corner. "Have you got something?"

The woman stood up, pulling her back back over her shoulder as she followed the young rabbit. Just a few turns away, the Doctor was standing on top of something, looking over a garden fence. The moment Mara spotted him, she lifted Athena back into the bag. "You are such a clever girl, Athena." She stroked her head, calming the young rabbit before walking toward the Doctor. "Now, Doctor,"

"Oh, no." She heard him mumble before turning toward her. "Look, I'm sorry—"

"Ah! No, shush!" She held up her hand causing him to go quiet. "You don't leave someone in the middle of an air raid all alone. Be glad I had Athena or I would've been stuck wandering around looking for you." She crossed her arms, looking at the Doctor with a pointed look.

"I'll make it up to you, just... Come here." He jumped off the bin, walking in a direction causing her to follow with confusion. They walked toward the front of the house which the Doctor was looking over. He put his hands on her shoulders as they looked around the corner. "Just follow me, okay?"

She let out a small huff before agreeing."fine, but if you vanish one more time, I— Oh!" She felt the Doctor grab her hand, pulling her with him as he walked to the door. It wasn't long before they both found their way inside the house and sat at the table without anyone realising it. Mara almost felt her stomach rumble as she looked at the food sat on the table.

"—one slice each. And I want to see everybody cheating properly." The woman who had wanted them before spoke, handing a plate full of sliced turkey to one of the boys.

"Thank you, miss." He thanked, taking a slice before handing it down the table.

"Thanks, miss!"

"Thanks, miss!" The Doctor spoke, scaring the living daylights out of everyone at the table. All children stood with a freight as the Doctor handed the plate to Mara.