**

Four Oiseau chanteur

~~~~~~~~

As Delyth's gaze met with the boys on the screen, she almost felt as though they were making eye contact, as though he was staring right through her.

Treech

He appeared to be around her age, outwardly strong, but she saw through the facade. Aware that his robust demeanor was a cover for the fear lurking behind his eyes, she recognized what others might miss. In her careful observation, she realized she might be the only one who truly noticed, the only one who cared enough to look closely.

She felt a deep sense of empathy for him, recognizing the cruel reality that he would be torn away from his family and friends, forced into a game where he had to kill other children for his own survival.

She was so entranced by him she didn't even get to see what his district partner looked like.

The rest of the reaping ceremony went by in a blur, the only thing Delyth could focus on was a certain boy from district 7 who's life was in her hands.

To claim Delyth's parents were angry about this additional assignment would be an understatement—they were furious. Their anger escalated upon learning that their daughter was assigned a tribute from district 7.

"What do you mean you got district 7?!" Her father yelled, as he slammed his hands down onto his desk, startling Delyth.

"I'm telling you, Iago! They must have given the tributes from districts 1 and 2 to the best-performing students. Clearly, our daughter is underperforming" her mother declared, glaring daggers. Iago stood up, causing Delyth to sink into her seat.

"That's not true father! They gave Coriolanus the district 12 girl." She pleaded as her mother scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"This is an embarrassment to our family name! There's no chance this boy will win! No chance! You can kiss that prize goodbye" her fathers yell resonated as she felt tears well up in her eyes.

"That's not true father, he looks strong, he's capable!" She stated, her voice wavering from the tears welling up in her eyes.

"At least she didn't get a girl Iago, a girl wouldn't last a second, they're much less capable then the boys" her mother stated.

"If this boy doesn't win there will be major consequences Delyth!"