4 - Lucy's garden tales - EO

Name: Lucy Avaline Arnett
Age: 5

Parents: Elizabeth Olsen & Robbie Arnett
Siblings: none

Plot summary: Small stories about Lucy, her parents and the garden. Lucy is 5 in all the stories! :)

Hope you like it! <3

1806 Words :) (not spellchecked again, sorry loves <3; I feel like this is standard)

TW: X

_______
_._._._._

Lucy pov

The morning sun peeks through my window, painting my room with a warm, golden glow. I wiggle under my soft covers, feeling the excitement bubble up inside me. Today is a special day—Mom and Dad promised an adventure!

I scamper downstairs, where Mom and Dad are busy with a big basket filled with yummy snacks, a shiny magnifying glass, and colorful pencils. "What are we doing today?" I ask, bouncing with anticipation.

"We're going on a backyard adventure!" Mom announces with a smile, handing me a map with colorful pictures. "You're our brave explorer, Lucy!"

Outside, the air smells fresh, and the grass tickles my toes. Dad gives me the magnifying glass and says, "You're the treasure finder today!"

We start walking, and I hold the magnifying glass up high, searching for magic rocks and sparkly leaves. Mom helps me check them off on our map. Dad points to a squirrel hopping from tree to tree. "Look, Lucy! He's playing hide and seek with his acorns!"

As we stroll around, I smell all the flowers. Mom tells me how to recognize them by their colors and sweet scents. The purple ones smell like candy, and the pink ones smell like hugs!

We lay a soft blanket under a big, shady tree. It's picnic time! I munch on my sandwich while Mom and Dad share stories that make me giggle. Dad pours lemonade into my special cup, and it's the yummiest lemonade ever.

After our picnic, I pull out my special sketchbook and pencils. I draw everything we found—squirrels, colorful flowers, and pretty butterflies. Mom and Dad help me color them with bright shades.

"Let's take a family picture!" Dad suggests, holding up the camera. We squeeze together, making silly faces, and laugh so much that my tummy hurts. This picture will go on our wall at home!

When it's time to go inside, I hold onto Mom and Dad's hands. I'm happy and tired, but mostly happy. Today was the best because we found treasures, laughed a lot, and had fun together.

_______
_._._._._

It's been a while since our amazing backyard adventure, and today is a day I've been looking forward to for weeks. Mom and Dad promised another thrilling day of exploring, this time in a magical forest nearby!

As the sun peeks through the window, I feel the excitement fluttering inside me. I rush downstairs, where Mom and Dad are preparing backpacks filled with water bottles, snacks, and a brand-new sketchbook just for me. "Where are we going today?" I ask, practically bouncing with anticipation.

"We're off to the enchanted forest!" Dad announces with a wide smile, waving a map with trails and hidden pathways. "Are you ready to be our intrepid explorer again, Lucy?"

We hop into the car, and as we arrive at the forest, I'm greeted by towering trees and the earthy scent of nature. Mom hands me the sketchbook and says, "Today, you're our forest artist!"

We start walking along the winding paths, and I eagerly sketch interesting plants, strange-shaped leaves, and the occasional fluttering butterfly. Dad helps me spot animal footprints on the ground. "Look, Lucy! These might be raccoon tracks!"