6 - Top secret mission - EO

Name: Lucy Avaline Arnett
Age: 10

Parents: Elizabeth Olsen & Robbie Arnett
Siblings: none

Plot summary: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZIE!

Hope you like it! <3

2133 Words :) (not spellchecked again, sorry loves <3; I feel like this is standard)

TW: X

_______
_._._._._

Lucy POV

The soft glow of the morning sun peeked through my curtains, coaxing me out of my dreams. I rubbed my eyes, yawning as I stretched under the warm covers. It felt like an ordinary day, but Dad's gentle knock on my door carried a whisper of something special.

"Hey, sleepyhead, it's time to rise and shine!" Dad's voice was full of excitement.

I blinked, trying to shake off the last remnants of sleep, and glanced at the clock. It wasn't even seven yet! Curiosity tingled within me as I sat up, wondering what had Dad so eager this early.

"Morning, Dad," I mumbled, my voice still thick with sleep.

"Morning, Lucy," he grinned, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Guess what? It's Mom's birthday today, and we've got a special mission."

My eyes widened in surprise and excitement. Mom's birthday! How could I have forgotten? But Dad's words piqued my interest even more—what kind of mission could we have this early?

"What's the mission?" I asked eagerly, pulling myself out of bed, fueled by curiosity.

"We're making a top-secret, super-special breakfast just for Mom," Dad replied with a wink. "She's still asleep, so it's our chance to surprise her."

I jumped out of bed, feeling a rush of enthusiasm. The thought of crafting a surprise breakfast for Mom filled me with a bubbly energy. Dad and I tiptoed downstairs, trying to be as quiet as possible. The kitchen was our secret stage, and we were ready for our performance.

Dad handed me a bright apron with a superhero logo on it, which made me beam with excitement. "You're the official sous chef for today," he announced, and I beamed with pride.

As we cracked eggs and mixed pancake batter, Dad entertained me with stories about Mom's past birthdays, each one sounding more adventurous and fun than the last. The sizzle of bacon in the pan filled the air, and the aroma of coffee brewing made me feel like a professional chef.

"Okay, Lucy, time for the secret ingredient," Dad whispered, handing me a bowl of colorful sprinkles.

I grinned mischievously, sprinkling them over the pancakes like a magical spell. Dad chuckled, and together, we arranged everything on a tray—pancakes stacked high, crispy bacon, and a vase of Mom's favorite flowers.

With everything ready, Dad whispered, "Let's surprise her!"

We crept up the stairs, trying not to giggle, and gently pushed open Mom's bedroom door. She was still asleep, wrapped in dreams. Dad placed the tray on her bedside table. "Great job, Lucy," Dad whispered, squeezing my shoulder. "We make a fantastic breakfast team."

I beamed at him, feeling proud and excited for Mom to wake up and find our surprise. It was a birthday breakfast fit for a superhero—just like Mom.

Dad and I exchanged a mischievous glance. Instead of quietly retreating, we decided on a different approach. Dad signaled me to tiptoe closer to Mom's bedside. I took it one further and climbed on top of Mom, sitting on her stomach I looked back up at Dad.