8 - Famous - EO

Name: Lucy Avaline Arnett
Age: 11

Parents: Elizabeth Olsen & Robbie Arnett
Siblings: none

Plot summary: Lucy finds out her parents are famous

Hope you like it! <3

2078 Words :) (not spellchecked again, sorry loves <3; I feel like this is standard)

TW: X

_______
_._._._._

Lucy POV

I had always known my mom as just "Mom." She was the one who made pancakes on lazy Sunday mornings, the one who helped me with my homework after school. But today, everything changed.

I was at the school library, flipping through books when a glossy magazine caught my eye. On its cover was a face I knew well—too well. I squinted, trying to make sense of it. That face, looked like Mom. It couldn't be, could it?

I opened the magazine, and there she was—Elizabeth Olsen. My mom is an actress. I was stunned. How had I never known this? I had to bring the magazine home, I couldn't quite believe it.

Sitting in my room, that magazine open on my desk, I felt my heart racing. So many thoughts swirled in my mind. How had Mom kept this a secret? How had she managed to balance being a Hollywood actress with being my mom?

That evening, at dinner, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I took a deep breath, my eyes fixed on Mom, trying to make sense of the revelation.

"Mom, are you really Elizabeth Olsen?" My voice trembled with a mix of awe and confusion.

She paused, meeting my gaze with a gentle smile. "Yes, sweetheart. I am."

A whirlwind of questions flooded my mind. How had she juggled two lives, two roles? It felt like I was meeting a whole new side of her, one that was both familiar and extraordinary.

Lucy sat at the dinner table, her mind spinning with a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. She glanced across at her mom, Elizabeth Olsen, trying to make sense of the new reality.

"Mom," Lucy began tentatively, "how... how did you manage it all? Being an actress and being... well, you know, Mom."

Her mom's gaze softened, understanding the curiosity in Lucy's eyes. "It wasn't always easy, sweetheart," she replied gently. "Balancing two worlds meant lots of late nights and early mornings, but it was worth it."

Lucy nodded, absorbing her mom's words. "But how did you do it? Juggling auditions, movie sets, and... and being here for us?"

Her mom sighed softly, a nostalgic smile tugging at her lips. "It took a lot of planning and a wonderful support system. I had amazing people helping me manage my schedule, and when I was here with you, you were my priority."

Lucy's thoughts raced. "Did you ever feel torn between your career and... us?"

Her mom paused, meeting Lucy's gaze with warmth and honesty. "Sometimes, yes. There were moments I wished I could be in two places at once. But being with you, being 'Mom,' was the most important thing to me."

The complexity of her mom's life unfolded before Lucy. It was like discovering a hidden layer of her, one that was both familiar and yet entirely new.

"I guess it's like playing two roles at once," Lucy mused, trying to comprehend the intricacy of her mom's life.

Her mom nodded, a flicker of understanding in her eyes. "Exactly. Each role held its own challenges and joys. But being 'Mom' to you was the greatest role of all. How about we clean up dinner and talk some more while we're cozy on the couch?"

Lucy nodded in understanding, feeling a sense of admiration and respect for her mom's ability to navigate two different worlds with grace and love.

Later, in the living room, Mom settled into the cozy armchair, a warm cup of tea cradled in her hands. I perched eagerly on the couch opposite her, waiting to hear more about her life as Elizabeth Olsen.