CHAPTER 30

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone~ Enjoy your special day! 🎉🎁🎄

For your Christmas Day, here's my update, thank you! Enjoy reading~

- Kristine.

_

(UNEDITED)

CHAPTER 30 : Deal

THIRD PERSON

PUNO NG KATANUNGAN ANG kaniyang isipan, ngunit iyon ay kaniya na munang ipinagsawalang bahala. Ang kaninang paglalakad ng tatlong pagkakaibigan ay unti-unti nang napalitan ng pagtakbo. Walang pag-uusap ang nangyari sa kanila. Nanatili na silang tahimik kahit sobrang ingay ng buong paligid. Ano pa nga ba'ng aasahan mo? Laban 'to, oh! May humaharang sa kanilang dinaraanan upang pagtangkaan ang kanilang mga buhay pero hindi 'yon naging hadlang upang bumagal ang kanilang mga kilos.

Walang buhay na nilingon ni Kristallia ang kaniyang mga kasama nang makarating sila sa gitna. "May pupuntahan akong ibang daan," she said. Tumigil sa pagkilos ang dalawang magkaibigan at napalingon na rin sa kaniya. "Saan?" tanong ni Saina. Nag-iwas siya ng tingin. "Somewhere," she replied boredly. Saina swallowed due to the behavior her friend exhibited towards her.

For her, it was strange to see this kind of behavior from her, as she wasn't used to it. She was accustomed to Kristallia being shy, always stumbling when speaking, calm and soft-spoken, avoiding eye contact out of shyness, often having her bangs blocking her face to hide her eyes, and usually keeping her head down during conversations. But now, it's different, something unexpected. There have been so many changes in her. When they met earlier with Filievyr, she felt something different about the girl, as if she were a different person now, no longer the 'Kristallia' they knew before.

She sighed. "O-Okay, mag-iingat ka, ha?" Kristallia just nodded while observing her surroundings. "Then, I'm going now. I'm sorry, and thank you," she said coldly and started to run. The two were left staring as she moved away.

"She's changed." Saina turned to her friend. She could see the seriousness in her, brushing off her clothes with one hand and raising a deadly poisoned dagger. "Yeah," Saina replied.

"Na-miss ko na agad ang dati niyang ugali," she added. "You can't blame her, Saisai. Her mother has passed away, and her father is still missing. That's why I think what happened to her family's situation has a big impact on her behavior," Haiza struggled. Tumango ang kaibigan bilang pagsang-ayon. "Edi, tara na?" pag-aaya nito upang makaalis na sila. They still need to help those in high positions to fight against the instigator of this attack.

TAKBO LANG NANG TAKBO si Kristallia habang pinapakiramdaman ang paligid. She knew. She had already felt that someone was following her; she had been feeling it since they left the hospital earlier. Hindi niya lang binanggit sa kaniyang mga kasama dahil ayaw niyang mag-alala ito sa kaniya, lalo na't alam niya na siya ang puntirya nito. She knows that both of them are strong enough to face death, which is why she doesn't want them burdened if someone with powerful abilities approaches them capable of killing many people in a single attack, right? That's not possible!

She stopped running when she saw a large, abandoned house with its doors broken and deserted. Mabilis siya roong pumasok, nang makapasok siya sa loob ay tumigil siya sa sala at humarap sa entrada ng pintuan upang salubungin ang taong sumusunod sa kaniya. That presence felt familiar to her, as if she had just sensed it a moment ago. The possibility that her 'instinct' was right expanded further when she saw its figure approaching the entrance. Pansin niya na rin na malapit ng magdilim dahil kanina pang umaga nagsimula ang laban.