Chapter Six: L. M. N. B. S. C, Singing and Talking Back?

After the lesson everybody, except Laura and Levi rushed out. Miss Crest sat down at her desk and motioned for Laur and Levi to come and stand in front of her desk. "Now then, your next three periods are free so take the time to show Levi around the school Laura, oh, and Laura, L.M.N.B.S.C. Laura stared blankly at Miss Crest utterly confused. She asked what Miss Crest meant by that. Miss Crest grinned and told Laura that one day she would comprehend what L.M.N.B.S.C meant. Levi smiled at Laura and Laura rolled her eyes at him. Miss Crest wished Levi good luck and began to sort some papers on her desk.

As they left Laura wanted to crawl into the ditch and die. She hated being a student guide because you had to talk to a stranger and explain everything to them. "Uhm... Laura?" Levi called out, shaking Laura out of her thoughts. "What?" Laura asked irritably. Levi frowned, his grey eyes looking even colder than before. "Restrain yourself, Laura Diamond. I don't like this any more than you do." Levi said rather harshly. He sounded and looked so regal at that moment that one would have assumed he was a prince cautioning a peasant who had overstepped their boundaries. Laura looked into his cold grey eyes and felt blood rushing into her cheeks. Levi smirked and mumbled to himself "Just as I thought, how queer." Laura frowned. Why was this stranger able to make her feel so weird? She pushed back her thoughts and emotions and told Levi to follow her. They went all around the school. During the entire duration of the tour, Laura avoided leaving his eyes because she knew whenever she saw them something weird happened to her.

One of their stops was the school library. Miss Rosalia peeked over the top of her book and smiled as she saw Laura and Levi together. The two youngsters walked over to Miss Rosalia's desk and held back some laughs as Miss Rosalia pretended to be deeply engrossed in a book that was upside down. Laura coughed then said, "Ah, Miss Rosalia I see you've mastered the art of Rud. Tell me, how have you managed to master such a skill?" She asked in mock interest. Miss Rosalia arched one of her black as-ebony eyebrows then frowned thoughtfully for a few moments before she replied in a puzzled voice, "Diamond my dear, what do you mean by Rud? I don't believe I've ever heard of such a term." Laura grinned mischievously, then she explained that Rud was the art of reading upside down. Levi could continue himself no longer and almost immediately burst out laughing. Miss Rosalia's face flushed with embarrassment, she let out a gay laugh and then smiled at Laura whose face was flushed as well. Laura, however, was not looking at Miss Rosalia but rather she was staring at Levi with a look that Miss Rosalia had never seen before, a wistful look just as quickly as the look had come it vanished as soon as Levi stopped laughing. Laura quickly diverted her gaze away from Levi's face to Miss Rosalia's. Miss Rosalia looked into Laura's once again nostalgic eyes and wondered if that look would ever leave them permanently.

A silence that could not be explained fell upon the room, the silence was suddenly broken by the school bell Laura glanced at the clock then breathed a sigh of relief just thirty more minutes and then she would be able to separate herself from Levi, preferably forever. She thanked Miss Rosalia for her time and then quietly left the room, not bothering or caring about whether Levi was close behind her or not. Suddenly Levi grabbed her hand and spun her around, he then said, "Hey student guide you know Miss Crest told me you're well-mannered, but I highly doubt that. You're supposed to be a guide but you're acting as if I don't even exist, look I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I think I deserve a little more respect than that." His eyes were icy cold, almost like a glacier, but his voice was warm and sweet as if you HAD to listen to him no matter what he said. At that particular moment Laura was torn she did not know whether to retort or just stay quiet and look into his cold grey eyes and say something charming or cute. She shook her head roughly. What in the world was she thinking? She freed her hand from his grasp, took a deep breath, and mumbled that she was sorry. Levi smiled a small smile and thought to himself, 'I'm more than sure that if I were anyone else she would have snapped at me.' Laura pulled her hood on closer to her forehead she quickly turned away from Levi and then quietly told him that their last stop was the music room. Levi smiled warmly and this action sent shivers down Laura's spine as they walked quietly over to the music room.

However, little did they know behind the library door Miss Rosalia was eavesdropping gleefully on their entire conversation. As she heard them walking away she began to quietly hum a tune she called 'Love Is In The Air'. Meanwhile, Laura and Levi had arrived at the music room Laura asked Levi if he would like to go in. Levi nodded politely and smiled. Laura opened the door and walked in followed by Levi neither of them noticed the door shut softly behind them. Levi touched one of the keys of the grand piano in the middle of the room. Before Laura could stop herself, she asked if he knew how to play. Levi sat down on the bench in front of the piano and patted the space next to him. Laura reluctantly sat next to him trying to keep her emotions under control. Levi began to play Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi. Laura could feel herself being carried away by the soft notes, so much so she could not help but sing along when he had reached the chorus part of the song, "And now the day bleeds into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug I was getting kind of used to being someone you loved." Levi stopped playing at the same time Laura stopped singing. He turned and looked deep into her eyes. Laura felt like running away but her legs would not move it felt as if something was forcing her to stay put, as Levi's face seemed to be inching his way closer to hers. Suddenly the bell rang. Laura jumped up and said it was about time they started heading out. Levi nodded curtly and stood up then left the room, leaving Laura all alone, her face flushed, her palms sweaty and her once nostalgic eyes shining with a different stranger emotion. Laura shook her head vigorously, the nostalgic look returning and her mantra repeating itself over and over in her mind, love is so cliche, love is so cliche, love is so cliche. She nodded to herself and exited the music room she needed to find a way to forget about what just happened.