⸻ 𝐃𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒

It's a pretty evening in Cork. Of course, they could argue that it's always a pretty evening in Cork, but tonight seemed to prove particularly radiant. Sun-kissed skies were rapidly descending into dark blues, promising the beginning of a clear, starry night. An atmosphere of peace and quiet had quickly settled over campus, wind gliding through blades of grass and wilted wildflowers in the early September air.

Unfortunately, that atmosphere did not extend down to the corridors of the University, within the half-abandoned classrooms, where Club Lore was holding quite the emergency meeting.

"Madden, how in the bloody fuck did you not know the plan?" Yaş's voice was strained, sitting on one of the lounge chairs. His features weren't hard, but it was clear that they were pressed into his face; frustrated and stressed.

"It's not Madden's fault, he joined the club later than most of us- he's the most recent member, and we didn't really bring it up that we were telling people it was exclusive." Kelsey leaned forward from where he had been standing against the wall, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"I didn't mean to say it, Sulli just looked upset." Madden avoided Adelaide's eyes, determined to avoid starting the same argument they'd had only the other day.

"I wasn't being a bad friend." She's defensive, but it's expected, especially to the members of Club Lore. "I was just trying to protect the club."

"You didn't have to insinuate that you weren't friends by doing it, Addy." Madden's voice is irritatingly relaxed, hands shoved into his pockets as he shakes his head. "I'm not saying you were being a bad friend, I just think there was a better way to say it."

"And what would you have suggested exactly Madden? We tell them all about Club Lore. Oh, wait." She paused dramatically, crossing her arms over her chest, "That's exactly what you did."

"Alright, that's enough." Julian takes a seat next to Yaş, and they share some indecipherable glances of silent discussion.

Magnus' grin is wicked, "Actually, that's not enough- c'mon Jules, I want to see Addy get in trouble."

Adelaide's glare is sharp, cunning enough to cut through stone, but Magnus' responds with a characteristic grin. He thrives in this, they all know it, and it'll only make it worse if Adelaide keeps fueling the fire. Before Addy can fire back a response, Cassie waves her hand, arm weaving into Adelaide's crossed one to de-escalate the situation as best as she can. "So now what? Sulli knows this isn't a private club, and they aren't going to stop until they figure it out."

The shifter nods, visibly relaxing under the reassuring touch of the angel beside her, "I have a plan."

"I'll bet you do, Addy, is it just as good as the last one you had? Or are you planning for it to backfire too?" The tiefling's gaze is bright, lethal, and unforgiving as he locks eyes again with Adelaide.

Yaş hissed, standing up, "Shut up, Magnus, this is serious. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp, but we have an actual fucking problem here."

Their hands go up in mock defense, their grin staying wicked and sharp. Again, Julian shook his head, running a hand through his hair, "What is it Adelaide?"

"Well, what if we let Sulli join the club?"

There's a moment of silence, a little too long to bode anything well for her comment. Then a laugh, the mean kind, as Magnus covers his mouth with his hand in a pathetic attempt to hide the snicker that rumbles up his chest. It didn't take long for it to blow up into a boisterous laugh as if he simply hadn't heard something so utterly ridiculous. The moment is painted only a little sweeter by the bright coloring that now adorns Adelaides' cheeks.