⸻ 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁

It's been over three weeks since they left Club Lore. While it's done absolutely nothing for the frequent nightmares Sulli has been having, they still don't really regret the decision. Of course, they miss them, but they also want them to be safe, and constantly worrying about the dangerous situations Sulli seems to get themselves in can't be good for the Club. late-November is upon them, and it's less than a month till finals will be placed on their shoulders.

Their pen skids across their sketchpad, tapping along the side.

They finished the drawings of their friends. As much as they wanted to stop drawing them, Sulli couldn't stop thinking about them, in both of their forms. It'd be interesting to draw each of them with their other attributes, the ones that they have to hide otherwise. The thing is, they also promised to give them to them when they were finished with the drawings, and Sulli isn't really sure how to do that while still keeping their distance.

However, today is Friday, so it's a tempting idea to sneak down to the meeting room before anyone else can get there, and leave the drawings where the Club would find them. No one would be the wiser if they went early enough, they'd just have to beat Kelsey there. That shouldn't be too hard, all things considered.

Part of Sulli wants to procrastinate bringing the drawings to Club Lore just so that they might run into one of them, but the more logical part of them knows that it's a bad idea to do that, and it's the last thing they should do. It might just end up in another fight, and Sulli doesn't want to fight again. They already feel bad enough for some of the things that happened on Samhain, and as much as Sulli would like to think they can keep their emotions in check, they know they're going to get overly defensive about why they were scared, about why they did the things they did, and it's only going to result in things so much worse.

The only consolation that they have is that Club Lore respects their wishes. Madden and Adelaide did. While they might say pleasantries when each of them saw Sulli in class, they didn't indulge in any conversation that might have been deemed unnecessary. Sulli knows it hurts them though, because Madden looks like he wants to talk to them, and as much as Sulli wants to talk to him too, they are much more paranoid about what might happen if they let him,

This was so much easier when I didn't know.

They're glad they do know at the same time too, because it satisfies some of their curiosity. Of course, it does lead them to have extensive questions about each of the members of Club Lore, but they might come off as intrusive or offensive.

That's another reason. Sulli doesn't actually know that much about folklore in the real sense, they've read stories and mythology and recollections, but those stories don't hold much substance now that they're thinking about it. They could be generalizations and stereotypes and humans who had been screwed over by the otherworldly.

The otherworldly, that's a better term.

Sulli doesn't really want to think about how much it would have hurt their friends if they had called them monsters to their faces. Yaşru probably would have preferred being stabbed by a sword to being called that. They can't really blame them for that, any of them, of course, Sulli wishes that they could have satiated their own goddamn curiosity, but it was only a matter of time before they'd discovered Adelaide had been hiding something so deliberately from them. Sulli knows their nature, and unfortunately, their nature is to find out secrets and the hidden. To dig up evidence and connections to something until it's laid out on a map so clearly that they could tell the story back and forth.