⸻ 𝐆𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒

October 3rd falls on a Friday, and the day is warm and bright. Incredibly fitting for whom the day celebrating. Probably one of the warmest, brightest people that Sulli's ever met. Not bright like the sun, but bright like a nightlight. Because everything else is so dark around it, and it shines anyway.

And because it's Friday, in place of a Club Lore meeting, they're instead going to have a party for Kelsey. He deserves it probably more than anyone, especially with this past week. Club Lore had spent the majority of nights in the library, either in pairs or by themselves, searching for any kind of information on Fae contracts.

Kells said that the tattoo probably represents some Fae family or faction, but they haven't been able to find any more information on who it could be. As kind as it is of them to do it, Sulli feels guilty, because it is their fault, whatever happened that night.

It's surreal to have to consider that folklore is real, even if Sulli believed it in some distant way, it didn't feel quite as real as it does now. It makes them doubt how many of those stories are true, and how many are made up - because it's like their friends said, folklore always stems from somewhere.

Every lie ever told, every story, has something behind it. Something so real and volatile, that it has to be wrapped in a web of words simply to be listened to.

"Sulli! Hold up!" They emerge from their thoughts, their steps pausing in the hall as they look back down the hallway. Madden is hurrying after them, shoving his case of paintbrushes in his bag as he jogs to a stop beside them on the street. "What's got you in a hurry?"

Sulli's smile turns sheepish, shaking their head, "Lost in thought, I guess."

"Over anything specifically?"

"Not really."

Madden raises his eyebrow, shouldering the bag. "Really? Cause last time you ran into a forest in the dark because you didn't want to think about other things." He huffed, "And we both know what those other things are."

Their face flushes, and they shake their head again. "No, really, this time I really was just getting lost in thought."

"If you say so." Madden shrugs, sticking his hands in his pockets, "You heading over to Adelaide and Cassie's?"

"How'd you know?"

"Maybe you aren't the only detective around here." Madden winks at them, and despite themselves, Sulli feels the rise of heat in their cheeks, turning to swat them in the chest. Their friend laughs, the sound bubbly, as they duck from Sulli's reach. "I just figured you would so you can make sure your present for Kelsey works."

They sigh, "I'm just anxious about it, I've never really hung out with you all outside of campus. Except for at my apartment after you found me."

"You don't have anything to worry about. I think you're overthinking this, Sulls, which no offense - you tend to do a lot."

"Don't remind me." They grumbled, shaking their head, "Plus, I'm meeting Kells kids today too, 'cause they'll obviously be there. And Adelaide and Cassie have been to his house the most, so I figured they might be the best to confirm with."

"Well, what'd you get him?"

Sulli sighs, "It feels stupid the more I think about it." Madden only looks at them expectantly, as as much as they would like to pretend they aren't worried about it at all, they really could use a second opinion. "I got them a custom lavender candle, you can order them in specific shapes sometimes, and I got him wings 'cause he's always saying how he loves to fly. I thought an airplane would be weird, and wings feel more poetic. Then I got them an origami bouquet because he likes flowers I think." They shrug, "Tell me it's not the dumbest thing you've ever heard."