тιgα

“So, he is diagnosed with RA?”

After they ran a few tests on Louis, Dr. Paulston allowed the nurses to move Louis from the ER to one of the VIP rooms there. The boys and Dan had taken turns to get food and clean themselves in the meantime. And it was time to see the results of Louis’ test.

The doctor nodded sympathetically, confirming Dan’s question.

“Doc, why does he remember me as his boyfriend?” Harry spoke up for the first time in a while, startling the rest of the men. 

“It’s totally common for Retrograde Amnesia’s patients. It is one of the many symptoms his brain can process. They can be false memories, confusion, or brain and coordination problems. So he may recall having you as his boyfriend, even if you are not. Only time will tell you how long he will stay in that state,” Dr. Paulston explained carefully before he dismissed himself from the room in silence, after making sure they did not have any more questions to ask. 

Louis still peacefully lied down on his now-more-comfortable bed. The doctor had ordered Perrie the nurse to give him sleeping medicine along with pain killers through the IV so they wouldn’t have to get him up and worsened his broken rib. 

Harry didn’t even realize he was staring until the raven haired man, Zayn put his hand on his shoulder. “You okay, Harry?”

Harry pinched his temple and closed his eyes for a moment to calm himself down from all the information. Today was such a chaotic day to get through for sure. When he opened his eyes, three pairs of eyes were on him.

“I guess, yeah. It was just too much information to take in.” Harry sighed softly and looked around for Dan then voiced out his thoughts. “Where’s Dan?”

“He let himself out for us to have some ‘lads discussing time.’” Niall air-quoted the last three words with his fingers. He leaned himself back on the couch with his hand on his belly, throwing his head back and whining dramatically. “I’m starving, oh God.”

Liam flicked him on the back of his head. “Are you seriously hungry at times like this?”

Niall pouted at him. “You can’t blame me. Blame my stomach that seems to have too much room for food in it.”

Harry laughed out loud at the not-so-funny joke, causing Zayn who was the nearest to him to nudge his side and shush him. 

Daniel seemed to sense it somehow and arrived in the room a minute after. He brought two paper bags with him which made Niall make a run for it. The first thing he asked was, “Do you bring any kind of things I could eat?”

Dan cackled and handed him one of the paper bags full of food and drinks. “I know you’re hungry, boys.”

He ruffled Niall’s messy, blonde hair. “After this, you can go home. I know you’re all tired. Thank you guys for staying here with me. And you can be back anytime you want.”

Harry looked down when he heard Dan’s offers. He was unsure and not really ready to be Louis’ fake boyfriend. If you could call it like that. Sure, he was one of his closest friends, but being a boyfriend was a different case. It was more intimate than being a best friend. He didn’t even know whether he was gay or not. He always classified himself as bisexual even though he hasn’t really found himself being attracted to guys. He sometimes found some guys were pretty attractive, but that’s it. He really didn’t go for a guy that way yet. At all. 

“Harry, you there?” Dan waved his hand in front of his face, trying to snap him back to reality. 

Harry blinked then sighed heavily. “Yeah, I’m alright.”

There was a battle in himself and he should have picked his decision for now. And he chose to leave the hospital for the night and see what happens in the morning.

“Can I stay at home tonight?”

Dan smiled at him before nodding in understanding. He knew the younger boy had a lot to take in and he still didn’t know what to do about all of the prospects of Louis’ situation. He appreciated the boy still wanting to get involved around his son. He could never imagine if Harry didn’t want to help him or even be around anymore. It sounded overly dramatic, but that’s not impossible to happen.

“Do as you please, Harry. It’s your life and you have the right to do whatever you want. Please don't feel like it's an obligation or even your responsibility to be someone you aren't just because of this, okay? Think about yourself as well and do what makes you comfortable despite the situation.”

The curly haired boy smiled and hugged him in appreciation. “Thank you, Dan. For being an amazing dad for us and Louis.”

Dan patted his back as they hugged. “It’s my job, Harry. I feel honoured to have you guys around, you have no idea.”