Chapter 13 (GRAND FINALE)

Meanwhile with Norville...

As the demon released a hysterical and malicious laughter in the echoes of the abyss, Norville stared into the mirror's eyes in the void- breathing heavily and delusional.

Norville: "There's no end to this suffering- there is no end. The demons will live forever inside my head, especially if I'm dead."

He spotted a sickle lying beside him.

Norville: "Maybe if I slit my throat and wrote my own name in this wretched diary, then the suffering will come to an end. (again spots a book next to a sickle) I got it."

Without hesitation, he began writing his name on the last page of the book while Veorra teleported behind him.

Veorra: "Maire, just what do you think you're doing?"

Norville: "(insane) You know what I'm doing."

After listing his surname, Maire shut the book and clenched a sickle in his hand.

Veorra: "Norville, stop- you'll have to pay the consequences if you do it."

Norville: "(landing the blade on his neck) If you don't want me to do it, then roll the die."

Veorra: "(startled/whispering) No..."

Norville: "(softly) Just roll it."

He took his last breath and swung the sickle, slitting his throat and immediately falling to the ground dead.

Veorra: "(walking up to Norville's corpse) Oh, Norville Maire... you should not have done that- and that is the rule you broke. And now, the consequences will begin."

In Nemnyss...

Keilar: "(spots Veorra walking to him and another walking corpse, Corliss Heron) Long time no see, yer highness."

Veorra: "(coldly) Let's just cut to the point already 'cause I have a question. Whatever happened with Norville Maire?"

Corliss: "Oh- that demon?"

Veorra: "'Demon' you said?"

Corliss: "That's right- he is a demon. He became a demon after he killed himself."

Veorra: "Keilar, is this true?"

Keilar: "Yes."

Veorra: "Bring him here."

Keilar: "Aye, yer majesty."

Veorra: "(Norville heads to her) Well, look what we have here."

Corliss: "Ah- it's the little lad who turned into a demon after he died."

Keilar: "It sure is, Corliss."

Veorra: "Well, Maire, welcome to Nemnyss- or we'd most call it 'the void'."

Norville: "Are those really the consequences you're paying me?"

Veorra: "Yes, since you broke one of the rules."

Norville: "Heard you say that I'm the demon, isn't that right?"

Corliss: "Yes, darling- you are born as one. You serial killers were born as demons."

Keilar: "As prince of Nemnyss, your next will be as king."

Veorra: "(Maire turns to her) Yes, you heard him, Norville- and now that you're old enough, may I crown you king."

Four years later...