11. Wash the Ash Away

Remi

It has been a few days since I woke up in this strange place. I knew we were under surveillance and couldn't leave. After a few days of being able to feed my pups, bathe them and cuddle them close in a bed, I am just soaking up the normalcy. The browns and greens of the forest inside makes this feel like a home but I couldn't afford to get comfortable.

Jacob sleeps in front of the door most nights while I sleep at the foot of the twins bed. Jolting awake nightly at the terrors that haunt my mind, if it's not me it's one of the twins and once Jake too.

The alpha king wants to meet with Jake and I after the twins are in bed. Nerves are choking me but I know I must be as respectful as possible. Being held captive has made me more beast and I am hoping it doesn't cause our deaths.

I walk into the massive bathroom, the walls are murals of a vast forest. The leaves are gold and red, a full fall scene so miraculous. I strip my clothes for the first time in days, afraid to leave my pups and Jacob. My once gold hair and blue eyes tainted with filth and sorrow.

A stray tear leaves a white trail on my dirty cheeks. I walk on the cold wood floor to a hot much needed bath in the most powerful and wonderful smelling vanilla bubbles. I step inside and sink. All the dirt falls away as I scrub. The bite mark scar on my left side has never faded and faint stretch marks from my pregnancy.

I scrub them as if my life depends on it. Washing everything away. Every trace of my pain. I will rise again but first I must wash away the ashes of my past.

*********************

Both of the kids were out cold by 7pm. They have been sleeping so good aside from the nightmares. They look peaceful. Quietly walking to the king size bed they are snuggled tight into. Kissing their heads softly. Alerics fresh rain and spruce scent almost over powers Nora's sweet Lilly vanilla scent. I inhale deeply remembering their clean and clear aromas before going to the bathroom to get ready. Reminding Ember to help me keep my lycan scent scent covered. I know they are lycans here but I don't feel safe enough to show them who I am just yet.

I was given a bag of clothes and some make up earlier from a nice woman named Ella. She was so kind and very beautiful with her deep brown hair with undertones of auburn and her eyes looked like honey in the sunlight.

It has been so long since I used make up so I did something light to not overwhelm myself. I used light brown in my crease and light nude on my lid with some mascara. There's a pretty nude brown I used on my lips. They gave me a gorgeous mauve long tank top fitted that fit my curves or what was left of them and dark chocolate brown leggings.

I thought it would be more formal but the attire was very casual.

I stand waiting for further orders in the deep green sitting room with tan and cream furniture, Jacob walks in with his face clean shaved and wearing all black. Hair slicked back and looking more like himself, before we were held captive.

"Don't you look nice" he smiles at me.

"As do you beta Jacob" I say almost sarcastic.

The door opens to outside, a man dressed in a dark brown suit and tie steps inside. He is tallish for a lycan. 5'10 or so with light brown skin and almost black eyes which I am sure are brown most of the time.

"A pack doctor and nanny will watch over the children in your absence, they will not step foot inside unless needed. Please hold your hands out for restraints and come with me to the thrown room" in a monotone voice.

We knew this was coming, stepping out of the house into the blizzard outside. We did not resist.

They burned a little but we are used to it. Starting our walk to the enormous building ahead.

" I am Gamma Nicholas Visar, please remember you are on Royal grounds, you are safe but respect is expected at all times especially to the king. Follow me."

What the fuck kind of mess are we in now.