spectacle

Warning: Semi strong language and underage drinking present in this chapter. 

They moved her on the 30th. She requested this. Move-in day for U.A. students was the 31st.

She figured that since the two teachers she lived with had to go back early, they could escort her onto campus early. Neither Aizawa nor Yamada saw a problem with this or decided to pry too much into why she wanted to go back so early. If she wanted to tell them, she could do so on her terms—no pressure.

She rode with Mr. Aizawa to the school. They didn't talk much during the ride, but she didn't mind. He played a news channel on the radio about all the crimes happening in Mustafa.

Aizawa's Honda Civic hummed quietly down the highway that morning. As she sat in the car, her eyes fixed on the moving vehicles beside theirs, she couldn't help but feel a sense of peace wash over her. The soothing words of the radio host made things seem alright.

When they got there, Mina had to stall. Mr. Aizawa was getting out of the car and going to the back. He would grab her suitcase and carry it up to her room.

Mina left her room the way it was. It was still an embarrassing mess that illustrated who Mina was. Aizawa couldn't see this.

"Y'know, Mr. Aizawa," She quickly hopped out of the car and closed the door gently. She walked quickly to meet her teacher at the trunk of his vehicle. He fumbled with the keys, pressing the button to open them. Before he could grab her bag, she had her hand on it.

"You've done a lot for me these past few weeks, and I am so grateful for it. I really hope I can repay your kindness, Mr. Aizawa-"

"Ashido, we've talked about this," he interjected and took her bag.

"Yes, yes, and I know," she started. "I will make it up to you." She shook her tiny fists in excitement, earning a smile from Aizawa. He slammed the trunk down and began to walk away. She rushed after her teacher.

"But I feel like this is the least I could do since you and Present Mic have done for me, y'know." She tugged on her luggage.

"The least you could do for me, Mina, is to pass this semester." He grunted and took the luggage back. "Now, where is your dorm?"

///

No one else was in the building, just the two of them. Present Mic was somewhere on campus, resuming work. He would come over later if Mina needed help, though she assured him he didn't. She fumbled with the key in her jacket and pressed it to the lock. Before turning it, she turned around to face her teacher. The horned girl thought to warn the Pro Hero. After all, the last person who stumbled into her room began crying.

"Before you come in," she said, taking a deep breath. "I should warn you. It's pretty bad in there."

She glanced back at her teacher to try and read his reaction.

Nothing.

Great.

"I didn't want it to get like this!" She said it defensively. "I was always going to clean. I didn't have the energy and-"

He held up a hand. "I understand," he said, passing the bag to Mina. You don't have to explain anything to me if you don't want to."

"Thank you," she sighed, feeling a weight lift off her chest.

"I'll get you some trash bags so you can clean out your space," he offered. "I'll be back in a few."

Just like that, he was gone, and she was alone again. However, she had a different feeling about this time.