ONE

"watch where you're going you fucker!"

na jaemin glared angrily at min ahyoung as she accidentally ran into him on her way out of school. ahyoung tried to ignore him, which ultimately didn't work out in her favor as the boy in question grabbed her by the shoulder to make her face him, and finished it off by slapping her face.

"are you deaf? apologize to me," jaemin demanded as ahyoung pulled her left airpod out of her ear and sighed. she was used to this treatment by now.

"sorry jaemin," ahyoung sighed, before putting her airpod back in and walking away.

"you little--" jaemin started to rush up to her angrily before his friends stopped him.

"jaemin, stop. she's not worth the trouble," renjun sighed, glancing at ahyoung as she went off into the distance.

mark nodded in agreement. "renjun's right. you'll see her soon enough."

"fine," jaemin grumbled. "i have volleyball practice anyway. i'll see you guys later."

renjun, mark, and donghyuck waved at their friend as he ran off to the school's gym. ahyoung, on the other hand had run off to catch the bus to take her home, but was stopped mid-way by a familiar voice.

"yah min ahyoung, wait up!"

the girl sighed with a smile on her face at the sound of her best friend. she put her airpods away and waited for him to catch up to her.

"and this is why you need to pack up faster lee jeno," ahyoung said teasingly as he finally caught up to her. "i'd be on the bus by now if you were a minute slower."

jeno rolled his eyes. "haha very funny. i'm sorry that i'm careful and don't want to leave any of my shit behind."

"how smart of you," ahyoung replied sarcastically. "i have to go work now though so have fun without me for a few hours."

"i still don't get why you go to work when your family is loaded," jeno remarked as they walked.

"cause my parents want me to learn how to make my own money and not constantly leech off of them!" ahyoung said. "are you going home first or do you just wanna wait at my house?"

"i have to babysit jesung, remember?" jeno reminded the girl.

"wait," ahyoung panicked slightly. "you have to help me film today! i need to pre-record some covers so i can take a break."

"ugh fine," jeno sighed. "i'll bring jesung over. he can play with jiyoung. i'll just go to your house once i get him."

"thank you so much nono!" ahyoung hugged the boy.

"one second you hate me and the next you're hugging me," he snorted. "oh, and now would be a great time to let go of me. we have to board the bus dumbass."

ahyoung let go of jeno, then proceeded to flick his forehead before tapping her transportation card on the bus' scanner and then finding an open seat. jeno, clutching his forehead, did the same and sat next to her.

"that hurt," jeno pouted as he looked at his best friend.

"you're welcome," ahyoung grinned back as jeno rolled his eyes at her actions.

"fuck you," jeno pushed her playfully.

"right back at you," ahyoung answered, copying him.

the "playful" banter -- to say the least -- between the two best friends continued as the bus drove throughout the city of seoul. despite the looks of annoyance shot by their fellow bus-riders, the duo didn't care and just kept on going. after about fifteen minutes of driving, they finally arrived at ahyoung's stop.