TWO

"mrs. min, can i have some more stew?"

"yes of course! give me your bowl and i can help you get it."

jesung handed his small bowl to mrs. min as the other three continued eating. jiyoung was nearly done, as she didn't each much, but jeno and ahyoung were starving and kept shoving food into their mouths.

"mom can you make sure that you and jiyoung don't yell or be super loud later tonight?" ahyoung asked her mom as she ladled more stew into her bowl. "i'm filming some covers today."

"ah so that's why jeno's here again," mrs. min smiled. "we'll be quiet."

"no i won't," jiyoung sassed.

"mom will make you," ahyoung retorted. jiyoung glared at her older sister's response.

"don't argue you two," mrs. min sighed at her children. "i'm sure jeno and jesung don't fight as much as you two."

"mhmm," jesung nodded proudly. "i love nono hyung so much."

"i..." jiyoung began. "hate ahyoung unnie," she smiled devilishly.

"jiyoung," mrs. min warned. jiyoung looked down and continued eating.

"anyways," ahyoung cleared her throat. "can jeno stay over? i think i'll be filming for awhile."

"does he need to get anything from home?" her mom asked.

"i can ask my mom to bring me my stuff from home when she comes to pick up jesung," jeno answered politely. "thanks mrs. min," he said before pulling out his phone to message his mom.

"no problem jeno," the woman smiled as she stood up and ruffled the boy's hair. "you're practically my son at this point," she said, making jeno let out a small laugh. "i'm going to clean up a little. ahyoung, you're on dishes."

"but mom!" the girl protested.

"i know jeno's here but that doesn't excuse you from your responsibilities," mrs. min stopped her from continuing. "he can give you moral support."

"no it's okay, i'll help," jeno offered.

"thanks nono," ahyoung said gratefully.

"no problem," jeno smiled.

suddenly, both jiyoung and jesung stood up. "mom we're done eating. can we go play now?" jiyoung asked.

"yes of course," her mom smiled. "just put your dishes in the sink."

"thank you," the younger sister said happily. "let's go sungie!" she exclaimed, dragging the boy with her as he waved to say bye to mrs. min, ahyoung, and jeno.

"i'm glad they get along just like you two," mrs. min smiled wistfully. "once they get older they'll be just like you two -- always attached at the hip."

"hey that's not true!" ahyoung denied her mother's claim.

"nah your mom's right on that one," jeno laughed.

"i've seen it from the start till now, i think i would know," her mom winked.

"i hate you both," ahyoung grumbled.

"love you too," jeno grinned.

"me as well," mrs. min chimed in. "oh, also, ahyoung, we're going to have some guests come over for dinner tomorrow."

ahyoung turned to her mom. "do i know them?"

"remember that lady i told you about? the one that i met when i went to that premiere a few weeks ago?" mrs. min asked.

"vaguely," ahyoung recalled.

"well, we've been becoming friends, so i invited her and her family over for dinner," mrs. min explained. "just wanted to give you a heads up that this was happening."