THIRTEEN

the first couple of days in taiwan were a blur for ahyoung. the first full day -- so technically the second day -- was literally all shopping. they had unintentionally split up by gender, with the husbands and jaemin off at who knows where. ahyoung would've preferred to go into a couple stores, grab a thing or two, then call it a day, but her mother and mrs. na seemed to want to continue on endlessly, picking out endless clothes for ahyoung and jiyoung to try. they spent the entire day at the xinyi district near taipei 101, roaming through the endless shops and malls in hopes of finding (at minimum) a few pieces that ahyoung would wear.

the second full day (so essentially, third day) was a very historical and cultural day, as ahyoung put it. the two families visited all of the common tourist spots, like the national palace museum, various memorial halls, etc. ahyoung didn't mind it, to be completely honest. it was kind of cool to look back on history in her opinion. jiyoung, on the other hand, was complaining every other second about not wanting to keep walking, having given up the "perfect most adorable youngest child" persona in front of the na family. oh, and jaemin? ahyoung couldn't quite tell if he enjoyed it or not, mostly because he kept grumbling about forgetting to charge something that ahyoung couldn't quite pick out.

now, it was the third full day (actual fourth day), and much to ahyoung's relief, her parents hadn't forced her to wake up at eight in the morning.

"dad can you please shower faster i need to take a sh--use the bathroom!" ahyoung yelled, nearly cursing from the fact that it felt like her bladder was about to explode.

"mom ahyoung unnie said a bad word," jiyoung tattle-taled, ahyoung glaring at her younger sister in the midst of her discomfort.

"jiyoung, don't worry about what other people doing, focus on your own actions please," their mother sighed, looking up from her phone.

"when are we leaving again mom?" ahyoung asked.

"in around thirty minutes or so? we decided we want to get to the beach at around eleven," mrs. min answered. "put on your swimsuits before we leave, okay?"

"i will once dad gets out of the bathroom," the elder daughter groaned, staring anxiously at the bathroom door. "dad please i beg you hurry--"

"okay, okay, i'm done," the bathroom door swung open, revealing a chuckling mr. min. he stepped out of the bathroom, allowing ahyoung to sprint inside, lock the door, and do her business.

once she was done, ahyoung washed her hands before changing out of her pajamas and into her swimsuit. it was a one-piece swimsuit, one that ahyoung had had for ages, but she really didn't mind, especially considering the fact that ahyoung was...well, indifferent to the ocean, and would've much preferred to spend the day resting after two straight days of bustling activity.

after her swimsuit was on, ahyoung got out of the bathroom, rummaging through her suitcase to find a t-shirt and shorts to wear as a cover up. she applied sunscreen all over her body before putting the extra clothes on, putting them on once the sunscreen had set slightly. when that was all done, she packed her small tote bag carefully, scrolling on her phone to wait for her family once she was completely finished with everything.

"okay ahyoung, let's go!" her mom called out as she held open the door. ahyoung perked up at the sound of her name, grabbing her bag and following her family.

"do you have everything?" mr. min asked as the family walked towards the elevator. "sunscreen, water bottle, extra sho--"

"yes, yes, and i'll change into my flipflops when we get to the beach," ahyoung replied blankly.

"ahyoung, can you please not use your phone when we get to the beach..."

ahyoung groaned. "dad, respectfully, i don't want to spend hours playing in salty water that has likely been drowned in trash and pee."