FIVE

mrs. min led the guests and her daughters towards the dining room, where a table filled with food resided. a yummy aroma filled their noses, allowing them to all smell the air pleasantly.

"ooh, steak for dinner?" mrs. na looked at mrs. min, who nodded. "wow, gahyeon, you really outdid yourself."

"thanks," mrs. min smiled. "dig in everyone! let's eat."

and so, the min-na family dinner began. mrs. min sat across from mrs. na at one end, then jiyoung and mr. na across from each other in the middle, forcing ahyoung and jaemin to sit at the other end of the table across from each other. the adults, naturally, had begun a conversation about work, and jiyoung chimed in whenever she wanted, which didn't seem to faze them.

ahyoung on the other hand, was just about ready to pass out. as she took small bites of the steak and vegetables on her plate, all she could feel was fear and the burning glare of jaemin. all she wanted to do at that moment was run to her room and cry and rant for hours to jeno. but she couldn't. why? because her dear mother had no idea that her new best friend's son was the very person who inflicted infinite amounts of pain to her and left her bruised and scarred on a daily basis.

the girl tried her best to just get through the dinner without speaking, but that didn't work out in her favor as her mom and jaemin's parents ended up getting into a conversation about their kids.

"so, what is jaemin interested in?" mrs. min asked, making the two high schooler's ears perk up.

"jaemin plays volleyball for the varsity team," mr. na said proudly.

mrs. na continued her husband's train of thought. "he's also a dancer and part time choreographer and teacher at dream dance studio. perhaps you've heard of it."

"i have," mrs. min nodded. "what types of dance do you teach, jaemin?" she asked the boy, who seemed startled by the fact that he was being spoken to.

"uh, i don't really have a specific genre, i just teach and choreograph in my own style," he answered. "i also teach kpop song dances or other choreos i find on youtube."

"oh that's nice," mrs. min complimented the boy. "by chance which youtube choreographers do you watch? i'm into dance a little myself, so maybe we know the same people," she said, avoiding a very obvious indignant glare from ahyoung as she spoke.

"i think the choreos i learn and teach most often are from the channel minsongs," jaemin replied, making ahyoung nearly choke on the sip of water she took. "perhaps you've heard of her? she's mostly a cover channel but i really like her original choreographies."

what in the actual fuck, ahyoung thought to herself. in her mind, the fact that jaemin watched her videos and knew of her channel's existence was insane. but the fact that he even went out of his way to learn her dances and teach them was even crazier. with the way this night was going, ahyoung would have an insane amount of things she would be telling jeno later.

"i've seen her around," mrs. min answered cautiously, eyeing ahyoung who was trying to recover from what jaemin just said.

"what about ahyoung?" mrs. na asked, changing the subject. "what is she interested in?"

"ahyoung really likes music," her mother described. "she sings a lot and also dances. she doesn't go to a studio or anything but just likes to practice in the house."

"oh really?" mr. na asked. "what a coincidence."

"coincidence indeed," jaemin said quietly, smirking at ahyoung, who couldn't see the boy's eyes on her as she was too busy, yet again, glaring at her mother.