EIGHT

"you're finally here!" jeno exclaimed as he hugged his best friend.

"happy birthday nono," ahyoung smiled as she walked in. "hey chenle," she waved at the boy who was standing behind jeno.

"hey ahyoung," chenle waved back.

"okay min ahyoung," jeno said, pulling the girl with him to the living room. "please do tell all about your evening."

"shouldn't we be celebrating your birthday?" ahyoung laughed.

"i don't think that's the issue at hand and it's tomorrow anyw -- ah jesung! mom, can you please make jesung leave," jeno groaned.

"meanie," jeno pouted.

ahyoung gestured for the younger boy to come over to her. "don't worry sung, you'll always be my favorite lee brother," she hugged him, sticking her tongue out at jeno.

"he's also stealing ahyoung!" jeno added as his mom walked in, laughing at the commotion.

"okay, sungie, you need to get ready to go to bed now, it's getting late," mrs. lee chuckled. "hi ahyoung."

"hi mrs. lee," the girl smiled, letting go of jesung. "okay, sung, go to sleep. i'll see you in the morning."

"goodnight ahyoungie noona! goodnight chenle hyung!" jesung waved as he walked over to his mother. "bad night to you," he said, hitting jeno's arm before running away.

"let's be real, you kind of deserved it," mrs. lee winked at ahyoung and chenle as she said that.

"mom!" jeno whined.

"don't worry woo, jesung is also my favorite," chenle said teasingly.

"why do i hangout with you people?" jeno grumbled.

ahyoung hugged the boy. "because you love us too much to not hangout with us."

"okay it's definitely not that," jeno said, fake gagging.

~

"there's no way that's true!"

"it is!"

"i'm not buying it."

chenle, ahyoung, and jeno were all sitting in a circle on a giant memory foam mattress in the lees' living room, playing two truths and a lie. the youngest of the bunch, chenle, had just shared his two truths and a lie, the three statements being that his childhood best friend in middle school saved him from getting into a car crash, he has an insane fear of every flying creature in existence, and that he hates reading. naturally, both ahyoung and jeno were convinced that the first choice was the lie, and when they found out it wasn't, their reactions were...interesting, to say the least.

"i'm not lying," chenle defended himself in between laughs.

the older shook his head. "zhong chenle. there is no way in hell that tiny little park jisung saved you from a car crash."

"wait who's jisung?" ahyoung's thoughts were really unorganized as she tried to ask all of the questions she had.

"jisung's my childhood best friend," chenle explained. "we were hanging out together one day and i didn't look before crossing the street. a car sped by and jisung pulled me back."

"aw that's kind of cute," ahyoung's eyes softened. "k-drama vibes for real."

jeno on the other hand, had different thoughts. "bet you fell in love that day," he smirked at chenle, who immediately turned red.

"yes, with my will to live," chenle retorted.

"are you guys still friends?" ahyoung asked.

chenle bit his lip. "i don't know if you know, but he moved away shortly after that. i kind of lost contact with him."