FOUR

"i'm so glad my mom isn't home right now."

jeno and ahyoung had just arrived to the min household and after quickly dropping their things in the girl's bedroom had ran into the bathroom to take care of her injuries. ahyoung herself didn't even know the severity of her injuries, but she knew it was enough where she would be wincing in pain for at least a good week.

"okay lee jeno, look away and let me quickly change my clothes and then you can help me," she said, and the boy complied with her words. once she was changed into some shorts and a loose top, jeno turned around and his eyes widened at the amount of bruises she had.

"oh my god ahyoung," jeno gasped.

his reaction made sense to ahyoung, as she had the same when she looked in the mirror. her torso had several large bruises from the punches, and her legs were covered in them as well, but were of smaller size. and to top it all off, her lip was bruised and was on the verge of bleeding yet again. ahyoung sighed as she stared at her body, wondering how on earth she would be able to cover them for the dinner later that night.

"i'm fucked," she groaned as she looked at herself.

jeno bit his lip in thought. "well, there's not much we can do with the bruises besides ice them as much as we can to numb the pain, but i can help you clean your lip."

"thanks nono," ahyoung said gratefully as she sat down on a stool while the older ran out to go get ice packs and the first aid kit.

when he got back, jeno gave ahyoung ice packs so she could hold them and try to let the pain lessen. he also got her another stool so she could put her legs up and then let the ice packs sit on her legs. while she held the ice packs, jeno carefully rinsed her lip and gently disinfected it with alcohol wipes, which made her wince in pain for a few seconds. once he finished, he gave her yet another ice pack, but a smaller one, so she could make the swelling on her lip go down.

"you truly are a lifesaver lee jeno," ahyoung said gratefully as he sat back down again.

"someone has to take care of you," jeno joked, making the girl roll her eyes.

"oh be quiet," ahyoung retorted, making the boy laugh. "shit, i'm so glad i pre-recorded those covers yesterday," ahyoung said, thinking back to the previous day's events.

"no kidding."

"guess i have to think of something else to wear tonight," ahyoung mumbled. "not that i knew what i was going to wear anyway."

"will you be able to cover everything?" jeno asked, worried.

"i'll probably end up having to use makeup to cover some of them but i think it'll be okay," she told him reassuringly. "the bruises on my shoulders have healed slightly, so at least that gives me something to work with."

"at least you won't look like a nun," jeno snorted.

"oh shut up," ahyoung laughed, throwing an ice pack at him.

~

the two best friends spent the rest of the few hours they had together talking about random stuff and watched random youtube videos. they stayed in the bathroom the whole time, trying to condense all of the evidence of ahyoung's injuries. after watching a hilariously funny video of a herd of animals chasing a group of tourists, ahyoung and jeno closed the girl's laptop.

"i swear that was too funny," ahyoung commented, trying to hold in any remaining laughs.

"when that one guy fell over and nearly got trampled on i thought i was going to die laughing," jeno added, making them laugh all over again.