𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐗.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑟; 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑒"
— 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞

- • ꕥ • -

𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 blonde locks into double dutch braids tucked onto the base of her skull, lacing up her vans sneakers. She walked through camp towards the training grounds, meeting up with Percy and Luke. "You're gonna love this. Camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors," Luke explained to Percy, holding Evangeline's hand at his side.

        Seeing Annabeth instructing her teammates in training, Evangeline pointed her out. "Annabeth's the head counselor of Athena's cabin. She's led your team to three straight wins. It's been a while since anyone's won a fourth." Evangeline explained. She was angered that she was on the opposing team now that she had switched cabins.

        "Are you not on our team? Luke said you won the last games on his team." Percy looked up at her, confused. He had endured a lot of Luke's talk about Evangeline.

        "No, not anymore. Aphrodite's children are on Clarisse's team. I probably shouldn't even be over here with you guys right now." Evangeline knew Clarisse was looking for her, expecting her to share all of her former team's secrets to her new team.

        Luke fixed the necklace he had given her. "Be careful. If Clarisse tries anything—"

        Evangeline smiled. "I think I have a handle on it. Don't be stupid."

        "Yes, ma'am." Luke winked and Evangeline rolled her eyes.

        "Bye, Percy," she said and Percy returned the words. "Love you!" Evangeline called behind her to Luke as she walked away.

        "I love you." Luke smiled after Evangeline, running a hand through his hair. She so easily made him feel so alive.

        Evangeline made her way to the forest where Clarisse was training her team. "Look who showed up!" she announced to the campers as Evangeline walked over to them, clapping her hands together in a mocking way.

        "You're lucky I'm here at all." Evangeline grabbed a bow and a quiver of arrows, walking past Clarisse.

        The daughter of Ares scoffed. "I'm planning on winning, Evangeline. If you're gonna stand in my way, I'll fight you, too." Clarisse warned.

        Evangeline rolled her eyes and sunk an arrow into the dead center of a tree. "My team won last time, Clarisse. Not because of any plan Annie cooked up. Because of me. If you want to win this game, you better win me over," Evangeline removed her arrow. "I'd work a little harder." she shoved Clarisse and walked past her, dropping her bow and quiver of arrows.

        Clarisse and Evangeline had always hated each other. Ever since Clarisse pushed Evangeline and made fun of Noah on Evangeline's first day at camp, they had been enemies. Clarisse was the only person Evangeline truly hated. They often fought each other for glory, for victory at capture the flag, and attention. Evangeline was always two steps ahead of Clarisse, and Clarisse hated her for it.

        After some more training, Evangeline and the rest of her team went to the mess hall to fuel up before the games. Evangeline found Luke and Percy and sat down beside her boyfriend just after he finished talking about Thalia. "You guys have my full support to drown Clarisse in the lake." Evangeline tucked Luke's necklace into her shirt.