𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑖 𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖
ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛
𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞

- • ꕥ • -

𝑰𝑻 𝑾𝑨𝑺 𝑨 miracle that Noah's evasive driving had managed to cut off the Erymanthian Boar, forcing the monster to take a serious hit and fall into a body of water. Noah had also manage to evade the police chasing them. They hid under a bridge for a few hours to let the heat on them cool off. "We can't wait any longer. More monsters are gonna keep coming. We have to get her to camp." Arlo stressed, pacing outside the car. Noah sighed, leaning against the hood of the car while Evangeline sat cross-legged on the roof. Noah didn't even question her odd position.

"Arlo, I know we have to go, but if we leave right now we'll be hammered by cops. And this car is stolen, which will make everything so much worse if we're caught." Noah said, his head in his hands.

Evangeline saw that the sun was beginning to set. "What's camp like?" she asked Arlo in a daze, being distracted by the pretty sky.

The satyr glanced at Noah briefly. "It's nice. It's a lot of fun, I think you'll like it a lot." he settled on saying so he didn't reveal too much too soon to Evangeline.

"Do you think I'll make friends?" Noah's heart broke a little at his baby's sisters words. He hated how different she felt, and he would do anything to make her see how special she was.

"Yeah. You can meet my friends, too. There's a satyr at camp named Grover. He's one of my best friends, and he just brought two demigods to camp a few months ago. Luke and Annabeth. I think you'd be really good friends with Luke." Grover said, eating a tin can.

Evangeline's face flashed a small smile. Being friends with Luke sounded nice. But before anyone could say anything else, a large roar that could only come from a monster was sounded in the distance. Arlo grew pale and Noah inhaled deeply. "Screw the goddamn police. Get in the car." he ordered, and Evangeline slid from the roof, sitting in the front seat as Arlo dove into the back.

Noah started driving quickly back up to the highway as Arlo peered out the back window, trying to identify the monster coming after them. "How much farther to camp?" the satyr asked, his curly hair messy and falling in his eyes.

"Couple hours at least. We just hit New Jersey." Noah said, passing various cars on the highway, Evangeline grasping the overhead handle tightly.

"How good are you at fighting something with multiple heads?" Arlo swallowed thickly, and Noah sighed.

"What has multiple heads?" Evangeline wondered.

Noah started speeding up. "This is why you should listen when I read you stories." he said sharply, reaching over and tightening his sister's seatbelt.

Evangeline rolled her eyes, looking out the window to see a huge serpent with many heads stomping after them. "Arlo, what is that?" she asked with wide blue eyes.

"The Hydra." Arlo said, wanting to disappear into the ground and never emerge again. He expected one monster, maybe two total. But getting hammered by three extremely dangerous monsters only having barely started on the journey to camp was more than he had signed up for.