𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈.

- • ꕥ • -

𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑
— 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨

- • ꕥ • -

𝑭𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮. 𝑬𝑽𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑫 fallen before. Arlo helped her up when she was pushed down and the pair continued along through the hallways, avoiding their science teacher. They had a field trip the following day to the Chicago Field Museum, and Noah wanted Evangeline to go so that she would have a fun day for once. Evangeline had to admit that she was looking forward to the experience.

        "Eva, listen to me very carefully," Noah said, holding Evangeline's shoulders as she prepared to leave the apartment that morning. "You can't wander off. You're going into the city and I won't be there. Stick with Arlo, and your class, and focus. Try not to daydream, to fidget too much." he spoke gently and Evangeline nodded.

        "I will." Evangeline spoke and Noah handed her a lunch in a brown paper bag. Her eyes lit up at the lengths Noah went to ensure she had a lunch for the day.

      Noah opened the apartment door, pulling Evangeline's braided pigtails out from her jacket. "Love you. Have fun." Noah said, plastering on a smile for his little sister that she believed was real.

        "Love you, too." Evangeline left the apartment and journeyed to Jameson Academy for the last time. Of course she didn't know she would never be returning to her eigth school, or what would await her during that fateful school trip.

- • ꕥ • -

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄 girl full of love and charm and wit thought she was going to die. But she didn't accept it. If Percy wasn't falling as well, Evangeline would've gladly walked into death's waiting arms. One second, Evangeline was above Percy, and the next, a wave had taken him and she was below him, falling faster than ever.

        Evangeline couldn't see much through the wind, but she saw that Percy was safe. So she allowed herself to be taken victim to fate. Just as she was about to suffer a deadly blow to the water's surface, Evangeline was swept up into a cloud of white with streaks of rose embedded in it. Her speed slowed to almost nothing, and Evangeline was gently lowered to the grass beside the water as the cloud disappeared and was replaced by a flock of white doves.

        Aphrodite.

        A dove flew and landed on Evangeline's knee, repeatedly tilting its head at her. Evangeline loved doves, so she let the animal rest upon her finger as she caught her breath from the fall. But then the dove opened its mouth. "Evangeline." it spoke. Evangeline shouted in surprise, dropping the bird and pushing herself away from it.

        "What are you?" Evangeline gaped, looking around her surroundings to see that every mortal around was paying attention to the hole in the St. Louis Arch instead of her.

        The dove flew over to her again. "Please, don't be frightened." she said, her voice identical to the whispers Evangeline had heard.

        Her eyes nearing fell out of her head. "Yeah, sure. Talking bird. Don't be frightened. What are you?" Evangeline asked more firmly. She was surprised that her backpack had remained on her body through the fall and took it off, laying it on the grass beside her.