Chapter 1: The end of a journey

[Chan's POV]

Timeline: year 2095. (trigger warning: death)

In a few months I would turn 99, but I'm afraid I won't make it. I lay on my hospital bed, listening to the beeping of the heart rate and pulse monitor. I lived a life that young chris would've never imagined. I spent my youth as a group with Stray Kids, breaking as many records as the days we were together. When I turned 40, we finally disbanded. We all settled in, married, had kids, grew into adults. I lived an amazing life with my beautiful wife and my two beautiful daughters, who meant the world to me. Now those little angels of mine were in their 50s. My wife had already made her way to the afterlife, and now I knew it was my turn. 

My daughters would visit, with their families, and I was more than happy to spend my last moments with my children and grandchildren. But even after living this life, I never lost touch with my first children, Stray kids. They all had their own families too, but we'd still all meet as often as possible. We even raised all our kids together. We were all one extremely big family. Even now, in my last moments, the members check up on me just as much my daughters do.

 I would get calls from Minho, he himself turned 97 but refuses to believe that I am living my last days. He no longer has the ability to walk, he barely manages with a stick, and lately his health has been deteriorating too. Despite this, whenever I hear his voice I see a young boy in his 20s with a mischievous grin on at all times. I would get visits from Changbin too, now 96 years old. We would both sit down and reminisce our old days, our days as Stray Kids. Changbin still eats a lot, and though he doesn't admit it, he raps just as good as he used to.

Hyunjin would come visit me too, but each time he'd leave crying. He hadn't changed either. Han and Felix too, still spoke with unchanged humour. Our puppy seungmin, had grown old too, just like he always teased me about, but even then I remember on my 95th birthday he told me, 'hyung, you're half 190 now!' I can't believe these three had turned 95 now. And of course, we can't forget about baby bread, who still remains a baby in all our eyes. He visits me most often, which makes sense considering he's in the best health amongst all of us.

I stare out the hospital window, and rewind back to when were just kids, when we were 'Stray Kids'. I think about all the awards we won thanks to stay. I think about all the games we played together and filmed for stay. I think about the Skz family skit, to which we released episodes every two years until the very end of our debut. We released about 2 to 3 fresh new albums every year, well, if you don't count the years we were serving in the army that is.

The years go by so fast, I still remember when Minho and Felix were eliminated and we weren't sure we'd debut as a group. When we were rookie teenagers with big dreams, they'd be surprised and proud to see where we got towards the end. I guess what we said was a hundred percent true, 'dreams come true to those who really want it'. I still remember when we were clumsy young adults and our dorm would always look like a mess. I still remember how we would flirt with each other. It truly feels like Me and the rest of the members are more than best friends, it feels like we're somehow connected by fate.

I still listen to our songs, it takes me back to the concerts, the music videos, the memories. The nurses often judge me, I don't blame them, our songs were always loud, fast, bold and 'noisy'. But to me, they were more than just songs, way more than songs. They were memories and a part of a beautiful journey. A beautiful journey that took our blood, sweat and tears, but also gave us enough happiness to last several lifetimes. I do feel bad, about how I sometimes forget my children's and grandkid's birthdays in this age, but still remember the day we won our first award as clear as day.

The current date was 30th July, and the sun was shining brighter than ever. Everyone was living it like another day, but I knew, that this was my last day. "Isn't it a beautiful day sir?" said the nurse as she opened the window. 
"yes, it is, It's a pity that it's my last day," I said, in a shaky voice that could barely be heard. It's almost as if even the doctors and nurses were aware that I would not live to see another day. The nurse smiled, and left the room. The other nurse informed me that she went to call my family. As she was about to leave I stopped her to say, "please call them too, the boys". The nurse seemed touched, then nodded and left. As I waited for the members, I felt my heartbeat slow down, and I found it harder to breathe.

I tried to hold on, I wanted my sight to be of all the people I love, I wanted my last sound to be the voices of all the people I loved. In one hour, my family visited. My daughters and grandkids cried as they begged me to 'try to live longer'. It pained me to hear them cry so much that I could've passed away that very second, but I held on, tried my best to breathe, so that I can see my first kids. They all came to me in another half an hour, my daughters and my grandkids left the room. I was upset to see minho here too despite of his bad health. If I still could speak, I would tell him off to take better care of himself, but of course, I'm glad I saw him too before I sleep forever.

I slightly raised my hands to indicate a big hug, and all of the members hugged me, all of them soaked in tears. I closed my eyes, and the last few sounds I heard were the long endless beep of my monitor, and the cries of my children. This was it, the end of my journey.

----------------🥀🥀🥀---------------

To be continued. . .

When you're the author but you still cry while writing a sad chapter..😭😭

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3