Chapter 7: Grandma's house

And so, the weekend came around and Han and Jeongin made plans to hangout as per usual. Alas, those plans all went down the drain.

Jeongin's mother told him to go to his Grandma's this weekend. She asked if Han wanted to join, but he refused. Jeongin begged him to come.

When Jeongin fell to the floor infront of Han, begging him to come, Han finally agreed to join him on this possibly, boring trip. On Saturday morning, the duo sat in the car with their bags and Jeongin's dad drove them.

"How's your granny?" Han asked.
"She's sweet but also kinda boring," Jeongin said.
"Ay!" His dad scolded.
"No I love her! It's just, my short attention span can't hold a conversation with her for too long!" Jeongin said.

Han laughed and hugged Jeongin. They continued joking and playing in the back seat for the rest of the journey. After about 20 to 25 minutes of driving, they reached the humble house.

Jeongin's grandma was waiting at the door, sweetly smiling and waving at the car. As Jeongin's dad removed Jeongin and Han's belongings from the trunk, Jeongin ran and hugged his Grandma.

She closed her eyes and hugged him tight and warm. Han walked upto the front porch and bowed to greet Jeongin's grandma. "Who's this little boy?" She asked.

"Surprise grandma! He's my best friend!" Jeongin said, not sure how Grandma would react.
"Oh that's amazing! You know I love taking care of kids!" She said.

Jeongin's dad put their stuff in the room that Jeongin uses, and bought an extra bed into the room. It took 2 hours of Jeongin, Han and Jeongin's dad's work to arrange the room to have enough space for two boys to live comfortably.

"I'll pick you boys up on Monday!" Jeongin's dad said, bidding goodbye. Jeongin's grandma made snacks for the both of them. The boys both enjoyed it.

"How have you been Saein?" His grandma asked.
"Grandma, please call me Jeongin or I.N," Jeongin said, biting into a sandwich.

"Oh I see, you're still not over that name, you know, that name always reminds me of my mother," she said.
"Your mother? My great grandmother?" Jeongin asked.

"Yeah, she told me stories about how when she was your age, she listened to a Korean boy group, her bias was Yang Jeongin," she said.
Jeongin dropped his sandwich in shock, thankfully Han caught it.

"Do you have her Kpop related stuff still?" Jeongin asked.
"I don't know, maybe it'll be in a dusty corner of the attic, you want to see them? Why?" His grandma asked.

"Curiosity," he said, getting up.
"Oi, where you going?" Han asked.
"To the attic, wanna join?" Jeongin asked.
"No thanks, Imma continue eating," Han answered.

Jeongin set the ladder, climbed it, opened the hatch and went into the attic. Seeing how dark it was, he turned on the light from his watch and looked around.

He found many cobwebs, a lot of dust and some rats. He opened many trunks, and boxes but only found his grandma, grandpa and dad's things. He searched a lot, coughing in the dust.

He was starting to lose hope, when in one of his grandma's boxes, he found a box labelled "mother's things". He excitedly took it out. It was quite heavy. As he was holding it in his hands, his heart was beating very loud.

He mentally prepared himself for about 20 minutes, and then finally pulled the box open. Well, tried to. The box being about a hundred years old, was almost impossible to open.

He tried to find tools in the attic to assist him, and he used whatever looked useful. After a long and exhausting struggle, the box opened. He blew out the dust and nearly caught a dust infection.

But finally, there it was, Stray kids albums and merch. He took out the albums, there was Noeasy, Oddinary, Maxident, 5-star, Rockstar and many others. He teared up.

He then found photocards. There was a bundle of his photocards, a very thick bundle. "She would've freaked out if she knew that her bias would be reborn as her great grandchild" he thought to himself.

He looked at the photocards, looked at himself but in his 20s, looking as handsome as ever. He then found the photo cards of other members. He started crying as he looked at Han, hyunjin, felix, Bangchan, changbin, seungmin and Lee know.

"Will I really meet them again?" He thought to himself. He then felt the memories of his past life. "I wish it never ended, I wish we always remained as Stray kids, in our 20s," He whispered to himself.

He started weeping. He took out group photos and posters and hugged them. He heard the hatch open and immediately stuffed the merch back in the box and hid it. He wiped his tears and collected himself.

Han came in and asked, "In-ah? It's been way over 2 hours, are you okay?"
Han looked around and screamed when he saw Jeongin. "Oh there you are, what are you doing?" He asked.

"I didn't find anything," Jeongin said, looking sad.
"So you sat here and cried instead of coming down?" Han asked, sitting next to Jeongin.

"Cry?!" Jeongin asked.
"Don't lie! I can see your puffy eyes, it's very obvious that you cried," Han said, pulling Jeongin in a hug.

Jeongin broke down in tears again, and hugged Han tightly and said, "hyung, *sniffle* please, *hiccup* please be with *sniffle* with me *sniffle* forever".

Han wasn't sure what was making Jeongin cry so much and say this, but he hugged him tight and comforted his anyway. "I'm not going anywhere without baby bread, I love bread," he said, rubbing Jeongin's back.

Jeongin cried his heart out and prayed in his mind, "dear God, please don't make it too difficult for me to reunite stray kids, please".

---------------💚💚💚---------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3