Chapter 9: Saviour of Kittens

Felix dialed his brother, and put the call on speaker. After a couple of rings, a familiar voice answered, "o, who's this?" Jeongin froze hearing that voice.

"Hyung it's me," brownie boy said.
"Oh! Why're you calling from this random number?" Minjun asked.
"I'm in detention for rescuing an injured kitten and feeding it in class," He answered.

The whole time, it was as if Jeongin was zoned out, he was trying to put a finger on why the voice was so familiar yet unheard in this life. He realised it was one of the members.

"You rescued a kitten and they put you in detention?!" Minjun said, getting mad.
"Yeah and the teacher put her in a box saying I can take her during dispersal," brownie boy said, in a sad tone.
"I'm coming, I'll make up some excuses and come to your school. Just you wait," Minjun said and hung up.

Han and Brownie cheered.

(Yes, as the author, I will call him brownie. Idc)

"um hyung?" Jeongin said, tapping brownie. "Is there a pet name I can call you, I'm sorry I've always had trouble with names since I was a child, I tend to mix up my own name with another!" he added.

Han looked concerned as if he wasn't sure how brownie would react, he was ready to throw hands in case brownie says anything mean, but to his pleasant surprise, brownie said, "It's okay! call me whatever you want!"

"um, does your brother call you by a pet name?" Jeongin asked.
"oh yeah, it's either baby chicken or brownie boy," Brownie said, in an optimistic tone.
"can I call you brownie?"
"only if I can call you by a cute nickname too," Brownie said.

Han excitedly told him, "I call him baby bread, you can call him that too!"
"That's saur cute!" He said.
"ayo why you sound Australian?" 
"Idk I used to watch a lot of Australian shows so sometimes I randomly use aussie accent, it's unintentional though," Brownie explained.

"what's your nickname then?" He asked Han.
"nothing,"
"then what should I call you?" 
"Hannie or sungie is fine, I don't actually do petnames," Han said, turning on his 'cool kids' mode again.

Brownie called his brother again, Jeongin and Han looked at him puzzled. He picked up the phone and immediately Brownie said, "Can you free my friends too?"
"No! wtf"
"please! Just say you're here to pick up me, Kang Saein and Han Minsung, pleaseee!" 
"no! who the hell are they?"
"please!"
"fine I'll see"

And as promised, in 30 minutes, a teacher walked in and said, "Yonsuk, your brother is here to pick up all three of you. he's in the Coordinator's office because he tried to talk back to a teacher". The trio made their way to the Coordinator's office. The walked in to see Yonsuk's brother manspreading on the chair opposite to the coordinator.

He sat with an attitude that almost set the coordinator's hair on fire because of how triggered she was. "You are worse than when you used to be a student! bring your parents!" She said.
"why? I'm 18," He replied nonchalantly. 

"you three, come front," She said. the trio stepped front, and Jeongin saw Minjun's face. It hit him, he was the dad of three cats, and the sassy kinda strict but also chaotic mother of the group, Lee Minho. How lucky! he found two stray kids in one day!

"um miss, may I ask what my brother said?" brownie asked politely.
"Your brother could learn some manners from you! insulting me like that, who does he think he is?!" she said.
"you kidnapped a hurt kitten from Yonsuk's hand you bitch!" Minho exclaimed.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" She yelled, standing up.
"Miss I am so sorry please forgive him! he's very sensitive when its about animals, please forgive his insolence!" Brownie said, stepping in front of the teacher now freaking out. Seeing how mad the teacher was, and worried if he'll ever get the kitten back, his eyes teared up.

The teacher immediately melted, she sat down, after all, no one could bare to see a cutie like Brownie boy cry. Minho sighed and said, "I'm sorry, may I please pick these boys and the kitten up? it's urgent".
"Fine, but only because you're a legal adult we are allowing this, please sign this gate pass to confirm that now whatever happens, we are not responsible," She said, handing him a pen.

Minho signed the pass, and asked for the kitten, he then took the boys and the kitten outside. "You owe me," He told Brownie. 
"Anything!" Brownie said, now hopping with happiness.
"hmm, what are your friends' names again?" He asked, turning to them.

"Kang Saein, I prefer I.n though," Jeongin answered.
"I'm Han Minsung, I may be 15 but I hang out with a lot of seniors," Han said, trying to look cool.
"no you don't, shut up," Jeongin said to expose him. Minho laughed in response.

They reached the car, and Yonsuk went and sat in the back. Han and Jeongin were surprised, he seriously expects one of them to sit next to his brother? they talked about it, but Brownie was not ready to leave the back seat.

Han agreed to sit in the front. Minho handed the kitten over to Brownie and went and sat in the driver's seat. "let's go get ice cream and buy some milk for the kitten," He said, starting the car.
"wait, did mom allow this?" Brownie asked.
"I didn't tell her," Minho scoffed.

"yeah bro let's go!" Han said, now hyped. Brownie rolled his eyes and focused on the kitten instead. Jeongin was very quiet, but internally he felt so happy he was about to cry.

"I hope you know that I'm not gonna be a part of mom's scolding!" Brownie said.
"You never are! Even when it's your fault!" Minjun answered. Han and Jeongin chuckled in response.

-------------💚💚💚-------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3

I had a story idea, it's an idea for a Bangchan fanfiction, do check it out, maybe I'll release the first episode by Tuesday maybe. I will obviously still continue this one.