Chapter 12: found another one

(Jeongin's POV)

It was a warm summer evening, I was home from school. I followed my routine as usual, I washed up, ate some snacks, and read the news. I was scrolling through it mindlessly, until I saw a familiar face.

"7th Gen Chaebol's son finally makes an appearance on media" the headline read. It wasn't the headline that intrigued me, it was the picture. Tall, blonde and gorgeous. Hwang Hyunjin.

Guess he had the luck to be someone famous even in this life. I looked closer at the pictures to make sure it was him. To my pleasant surprise, it was. It was him.

I remembered how he would always cling to me, called me cute even as I did the most annoying things and man could. He would see me breathing and call me cute.

Now, a thought brewed in my mind, I found him, but how do I befriend him? He's the son of a rich Chaebol and famous. I'm just another 16 year old kid.

I tapped my finger on my glass coffee table, trying to figure out a way to get in touch with him. Just as I was stressing over it, I heard the door bell ring. It was Han.

I opened the door, he threw his hand over my shoulder and said "In-ah, why do you look so anxious? Over thinking about dreams again?"

Yes, he calls me In-ah, my name was Saein, it took me way too long to realise that I.N could be a good nickname for Saein too.

"No hyung, I was reading the news," I answered with a smile.
"Aww look at you, you're regularly calling me, and the lee brothers hyung now, so respectful," Han talked as if I were 5.

"On another note, we've been friends for like 7 years, I know you very well, what are you overthinking about?" He asked me, walking into my house and sitting down on my couch.

My mom saw him and greeted, "Hi Minsung-ah!"
"Oh hi auntie!" He greeted my mom back.
"Want to eat snacks?" My mom asked him, he nodded.

My mom went into the kitchen to get him snacks. I closed the door, and sat next to him at the couch. He raised his eyebrows at me, obviously expecting me to answer and open up.

"It's nothing hyung," I said, "forget it!" I added, hoping he'll let it go, after all, I've almost never opened up to him.
"Alright, not like you tell me anything anyway," He said.

He looked disappointed, and almost hurt that I wouldn't share my thoughts with him. He found my device, and the news that was open. "Oh who's that?" He said, looking at Hyunjin's picture.

He picked it up, and read the headline, "Chaebol's son?" I rolled my eyes and switched off the device. "Hey! I was reading!" He said, upset.
"Is this what you were overthinking about? The Chaebol's son?" He asked me.

I looked away. "Look It's not like that!" I said. Why was he being so desperate to know what I was thinking about? I never tell him anyway! He should be used to it!

Han opened his mouth to say something, but my mom walked in with the snacks. "Oh thank you auntie!" He said, picking up his plate.
"Eat well!" My mom said before she left us alone again.

"Why are you questioning me so much Hyung?" I asked him. He ate quietly, without saying a word. The silence was loud, it made me uneasy. I decided, perhaps if I give him a small task, he'll let it go?

"Hyung, I need your help," I said. His ears and eyes perked up at the sound of those words.
"With what?" He asked, eagerly.
"I have to befriend the Chaebol's son," I said.

He stared and blinked at me for a solid minute, and burst out laughing. "Money? You want money like the Chaebol's son?" He said, laughing as if I had cracked a joke.

"Hyung you don't get it! I have to befriend him!" I said sternly, trying to sound as serious and urgent as I could.
He stopped laughing, and stared at me.

"W-why?" He asked, not understanding what I want, what I'm thinking and planning. 
"Ever realised how I've never made any friends other than you, Minjun and Yonsuk?" I told him.

"Yeah?" He said.
"It wasn't because I couldn't, it was because I don't want to, only you three matter to me, because of a cause I can't tell you yet," I explained.

"In-ah, you've always been weird and hard to understand, but I guess I have to listen cuz I bothered you into telling me," He said.

"The Chaebol's son, I see that special something within him too. I need to befriend him," I said. He nodded like he understood.
"Okay, but how?" He asked me.

"That's what I was stressing about!" I said a little louder.
"But why a Chaebol's son? You know those rich people are always arrogant and rude and insensitive," Han said, looking at Hyunjin's picture disapprovingly.

"No, I am a hundred percent sure he won't be like the rest," I said, Han rolled his eyes at me. He didn't think this was a good idea. "Well, I'll befriend him, with or without you!" I said, getting up and going away to my room.

He was about to follow me, but the door rang again. I ran to open it. It was Brownie. He smiled brighter than the sun and said "hiii!" With a voice more joyful than half the population combined.

Seeing Yonsuk, cheered me up instantly! I felt much better, I hugged him and let him come inside. Of course he was my mom's favourite too, she was extremely delighted to see him.

Han's face too, shifted from whatever it was before, to a warm smile that was more welcoming that he ever was, his whole life.

-------------------❤️❤️❤️-------------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3

Hehehe hope you guys are glad I'm finally updating my "forgotten" stories.