Chapter 5: Han Minsung

(Jeongin's POV)

I bought Han home, and called for my mother, "Eomma!! I bought home a friend!" She hurried out of the kitchen really happy. It had been one year since I had talked to other kids. I didn't have any friends, I guess my past life's memories did catch upto me.

I guess it's hard to talk to 8 year olds and pretend to be one of them when you have the maturity of a 30 year old. Han greeted my mom politely and my mom went back to the kitchen to order dino nuggies and sandwiches for us.

I took Han upstairs to my room, and closed the door. I opened my homework sums in my notepad and put it infront of him. He looked at it carefully. But then, he has a realisation of some sort.

He asked me, "I don't even know your name kid! What is it?"
I thought for a minute. And said, "my birth name is Kang Saein, but I prefer Jeongin."
He asked, "why?"
"It sounds like Saein but better," I said.

And Han, being a small kid who doesn't question anything much, nodded and said, "okay, I'll call you Jeongin then!" I smiled at the cuteness.
"Hyung what's your name?" I asked.

"Han Minsung," He said with a straight face. I spent the next 20 minutes trying not to laugh. Same exact surname! And he just got named after the gay ship fan service but also kinda real ship he was a part of!

We did some sums. And then played. He was super sweet. My mom bought the dino nuggies and sandwiches to us and he liked it so much! I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life growing up with this cutie patooti. Hopefully I'll find the others soon too.

After he left, during dinner, my mom was very happy. She told my dad, "You know? Our baby Saein made a friend!"
"Really?!" My dad exclaimed.

"A very cute boy of his age, his name was Han Minsung," she said. I again, chuckled at his name. She looked at me puzzled.
"He was so fun!" I said.

My mom and dad were so happy for me, I felt at peace. I didn't really remember my parents from my past life, and maybe that's for the good. If I did, I probably would never grow to love these amazing people.

I told myself, "maybe they are my parents from my past life?" I knew it probably wasn't true, but thinking that way comforted me.

At school, during breaks, Han would come over to my class and play with me, he even introduced me to a couple of his friends. I soon was on really good terms with the 'seniors'.

Because of this, my classmates went from calling me the 'weirdo' to the 'cool kid'.

-_-_-_-_-

(Jisung's POV)

Saein was a weird little boy. He wasn't that much younger than me, but everytime I babied him he didn't object. Perhaps because he was an Alone child he really craved for an older sibling?

I was weirded out by him at first, but seeing how sweet this boy is, I decided, why not just be his older brother. I called him Jeongin like he preferred, and so did all my friends from my class.

He often confused my name with 'jisung'. But he said he had a problem with remembering names, his mother believes it's a small learning barrier. I told him, "It's okay, just call me han then".

We played everyday and we got close. I showed him all my secret bases, and after one to two years or so, to me, he became special enough for me to find a secret base just for me and him.

He met my parents too, and both our families also became friends, thus making us more close. He would give me weird experiences sometimes though. He would say something totally normal and funny, but it would give me a Deja Vu/vision sort of thing.

It would feel like it has happened before, except not in this age. I sometimes would randomly see him, but all grown up, and me next to him, all grown up but set in a world that seemed to be from the past and not the future.

I believed it was just my mind getting creative. I would have it very rarely so I believed it was okay for me to ignore it.

Saein and me got very close though, he's so cute. He's squishy like bread, and cute, so I once called him baby bread. He teared up and hugged me. I don't understand why, but I teared up too.

I never understand anything when it comes to Saein. However, who said you need to understand life to enjoy it? Every day with Saein is magic and that's what makes him special.

Even after I went to middle school, I made sure to always hang out with him. I didn't want him to feel our age gap.

His mother always makes me snacks so that's a bonus! He also calls me Quokka and it gives me a weird nostalgic feeling. I hope I never get seperated from this boy. He's definitely my bestie forever.

--------------🥀🥀🥀-------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3