Part 7

You watch from a few feet away as Keegan and Ghost map out lines and circles on old blueprints Keegan was able to find at the public library. You would have been helping if it wasn't for Price pulling you away to continue the argument from earlier.

"You are not going in that building alone, Y/n. Absolutely not."

Stomping your foot, one hand waves to Ghost while your eyes hold contact with Price's.

"Even Ghost is fine with it, and he's the biggest, overprotective, pain in the ass, adoptive brother, on the face of the planet."

"I can hear you, Y/n-" Ghost's says as both you and Price turn in his direction, "and I'm not okay with it, but you do make a good point."

Keegan nods his head in agreement, while his eyes seem to scan back and forth across the blueprints, shoulders squared and tense.

"These blueprints date back to the late 1800's and looking at the compound from here, it's clear there's been some additions made to the building. All of us going in and splitting up is too much of a liability. We could very well get lost or caught and then it becomes a rescue mission for more than just one person."

Price doesn't let up, his hand wiping at his face in a frustrated manner, "It could take Y/n hours to scour the whole building. Who know-"

Ghost turns to him, his British accent coming out deeper than normal, "Cap, she has a better chance of going undetected without us. Old buildings mean creaky floors and she'll be the lightest on her feet."

His eyes bore into Price's, clearly not happy about this either.

"We'll only put her in more danger if we go. This is the only way. The safest way."

Everyone falls silent, eyes looking back and forth between the four of you, Price finally sighing in defeat.

"Fine," Price said, "But if anything goes wrong and I mean anything, we pull the plug or come in gun's blazing after you."

Nodding your head in agreement, everyone turns to the blueprints laid out on the hood of the car. The next two hours are spent going over vantage points, enter and exit points, and area's to avoid based on signs of decay and rot that can be seen from the binoculars.

Taking turns, you, Price, and Ghost point out surveillance cameras while Keegan plots them out, along with possible blind spots.

After, the boys load you up with every piece of gear they could pile on your vest, belt, or clothes. Two guns were holstered, one on each side of your waist, while knives filled the center between them. Two knives were hidden in the side of your boots, along with a few throwing knives to eliminate targets at a distance, useful if you needed to buy more time.

An ear piece sits securely tucked in your left ear, thankful picking up a signal.

"Remember, try to avoid any cold spots or material that will block your body heat from our thermal gun. It's the only way we'll be able to keep track of where you are.  And under no circumstance do you go below ground level."

Your eyes look away from Price's, knowing you'll disobey that order if it means finding or saving König.

A gruff british voice chimes in, "Y/n. That is not up for discussion, understood?" Ghost walks into view, arms crossing as he takes up space next to Price, the two of them giving you very authoritative looks.

"Fine. No lower levels."

Price nods, his hand yanking on your vest for the fourth or fifth time, testing the buckles and straps.

"I'll be okay," you say as your hand wraps around Price's, squeezing. It was clear his anxiety was off the charts, not happy about the circumstances of the mission. His eyes shoot to yours as you tell him, "You have to let me go, dad."