Part 2 - Fire

Guilty. She felt slightly, okay fine, very guilty. By the time she saw Lodestar, however, she'd plastered a smirk on her face.

"We meet again," she taunted, but only after talking in his hooded face charred with smoke.

"Why?" he asked, the fight draining out of him like a deflated balloon. "Why'd you burn it to the ground?"

She sucked in a breath, wincing a little.

"It wasn't my plan," the Moonlark snapped, already on the defense. "Mr. Forkle made Marella do it."

"But you enhanced her," Lodestar accused, his eyes looking murderous.

"I- don't have to explain myself to you," she retorted, unsheathing her dagger, "This ends today. One-on-one."

***

He'd never been in such close quarters with the Moonlark before, and Lodestar had to admit, it was daunting.

He pulled out a blade hidden in one of the many folds of his cloak, and smirked back at the Moonlark.

"Alright, Larkie. Prepare to lose."

What ensued was a dangerous game of clashing blades. But Lodestar's endless training shone through, and soon he had a knife to her throat.

"This ends here," he grinned, prepared to end her life. Until her charade fell. She looked up at him, and in her eyes, he saw desperation. He saw a need, a greed, to survive.

"Please," she begged, "Don't kill me." Lodestar knew she was the enemy. Knew she had just burned down his 'home'. Knew that he had been made to show no mercy. Still, he couldn't bring himself to end her.

He couldn't bring himself to slash that blade one more time.

Couldn't have her blood on his hands.

So he dropped the knife. It fell with a clatter to the charred ground. And he reached out his arm.

"Fine. But this encounter. Stays between us."

And he yanked her up.

***

Her wrist erupted in flames. No, not literally, but it felt like someone was burning her alive. Lodestar dropped her back onto the ground with a cry of pain, shaking his wrist desperately.

And she knew.

"Lodestar," she asked, frantic, "What's your real name?"

"M-my name? Why does it matter?" he replied, wary.

"My name," she yelled, through the sounds of battle around them, "Is Sophie Foster."

Lodestar's eyes widened.

"My name is Keefe. Keefe-"

"Sencen."

A/N: Get ready. Cause now, the drama. Starts...