Chapter 1

Downton abbey sitting room

'I said I won't allow it!' Shouted Lord grantham across the room to his daughter, who had just shared her intentions to marry the chauffer with the whole family.

'You can posture it all you like, it won't make a difference.' Lady Sybil said while holding Tom's hand.

'Oh, yes it will!' Lord grantham couldn't believe this, he had to stop Sybil going away at all costs, but he knew it was a very dificult task.

'No, it won't! Can't you understand?' Robert didn't want to get to this, because deeply he knew he would regret saying this, but his rational thoughts vanished due to his anger.

'Very well, you have to choose between him and a dificult and very different life, or us, your family.' Sybil didn't even need a second, a glance into Tom's eyes was more than enough for her.

'Very well,' she answered 'bye, Lord grantham.' And with that, she and her future husband left downton for Dublin and a new life.

Lord grantham and all of the Crawleys were left with open mouths at the siting room. Robert thought this was an other silly thing her daughter will forget about tomorrow, that next morning nothing will have changed, that she will soon be back.

But that didn't happen, nor the next morning, nor the one after.