Chapter 9

I am so sorry for taking so much time to update. I have been very bussy but summer hollidays are here so hopefully I will have more time to post new chapters. Hope you like this one.
●●●

Same day
Night time
Downton abbey

Cora had run upstairs and slamed the door to her bedroom a few hours ago. She had imediately started to weap as soon as she had thrown herself on her bed. Anger boiled inside her, confusing her thoughts. Lady Grantham came to the conclusion that she could not and would not forgive her husband for forcing her younger daughter out of her life. Her mind started to convey the possible features in her granchilds faces and the changes time had done on her Sybil.

Lady Mary's room

Mary still lay wide awake, with a sleeping Matthew beside her. She had dreaded Cora's reaction during the whole return trip from Liverpool. She knew her mother will need lots of time to recover and will want to go looking for her sister. And she knew she was going to help her, no matter what her father said.

Lady Edith's room

Edith lay equally awake, talking to Bertie. She had told him all about her wonderful little sister who he had never met, about her kindness and her romance with the chauffer. She didn't blame Sybil, not any more, not after finding out what love is and how powerful a reason it can be. She knew how well her sister and husband would get on, and had already decided she was going to do anything within her reach to help find Sybil and her family.

Dressing room

Lord Grantham sat awake on a small bed in his dressing room, after having been banished from his bed by his bitter wife, who blamed him for everything. Robert still couldn't  come around the thought of his youmgest daughter marrying the chauffer, however, he was starting to feel he could forgive her.

Deep within himself, he knew his biggest current desire was to meet those six children who carried his blood and possibly didn't even know it.

Ms Hughes room

Ms Hughes lay deep in her sleep. However, she, like every soul at Downton, had dedicated her last concious thoughts of the day to Sybil Branson and her family. She had seen little Sybil grow and she was very curious and willing to see her children, as she had grown fond of Tom and had secrety aproved of their relationship.