Chapter 1

*Lotta curse words *

" Y/N ! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE "

Nick rips the blanket off me and I instantly whine . Realisation washes over me as I remember it's my first day of being a detective. I sit up to see Nick gone and the front door close . I check the time and- HOLY SHIT 6:40 IM GONNA BE LATE. I jump out of bed and start the shower , no time to stand there and rethink my life choices . I get in my bland clothes I definitely did not steal from Nick and run to the kitchen . I walk past the door and see Nick beeping the horn. I see Juliette holding up a bag and I grab out of her hands with a ' thank you ' look and run out the door .

I slam the door and Nick pulls swiftly out the drive way . I connect to the Bluetooth and

play a song.

*The song I put at the start you don't have to listen to it but it's kinda part of the story"

" Turn this off "

Nick clearly annoyed

" No I like this , HANDS ON MY KNEES SHAKIN ASS ON MY THOT SHIT"

* don't cringe I just felt like y/n should shake sum 😭*

"Y/N! "

He turns off the song .

" You're gonna have to act your age from now on, this isn't * Your hometown* , " he sighs " I know you haven't been yourself since Matthew but you can leave that life behind which is why I got you this job , use it please ."

" Yes I know , I'm sorry . I'll act like an adult now "

I sit up straight "acting like an adult" and he playfully hits my  stomach . I start bursting out laughing and refrain from hitting him back otherwise we are both gonna go flying . You weren't infact an adult only 20 but cause you had such an overachieving older brother , you found the need to live up to him which helped . Nick and I were half siblings with the same mom. We always were questioned when we said we were siblings which makes full sense since I am much darker than Nick . The only thing that makes us look alike is our eyes which makes ppl go OH.

We pull into a parking lot and my anxious feeling leaves when I see the stair case.

FARKKK , is all that goes in my head when I'm climbing up the stairs and as I reach the top I see a man in a suit talking to Nick . I come closer to see what the go is and he is speaking to Nick in a serious tone when he looks at me . He gives me the ' can I help you ' look until Nick says ,

" Alexander , meet my sister , y/n."

Alexander's face drops as he shakes his head and turns into a white tiger like creature .

" holy shit "

I let out as he turns back to a human and walks away.

" am I tweakin"

" What? No come here "

We go into a corner and he puts his hands on my shoulders .

" Y/N I know what you just saw and you're asking questions but I will tell you everything after this shift but please , not a word about this . Focus on your first day alright "

I nod . I got told this about dad but I thought he was playing a joke on me , this white tiger in particular. But I shake it off , no use dwelling on this when I got a whole day to get through . I follow Nick to a slightly busy office , crawling with cops . I stop at a desk where Two men are sitting , one in a uniform and one which I'm guessing is a detective .

" fellas , this is my sister , y/n , that I was telling yous about she's starting today "

" hello there "

" what's good y/n "

I greet both of them back .

" This is Hank and Sergeant wu "

" yes, don't think of me as a boss but a friend if you want " Wu jokes and poses

" and you'll be seeing this pretty face a lot more " Hank poses over Wu

" Pretty ugly " Wu laughs and Hank gives him the evils .

" oh yes by the way Nick we gotta body in a forest this morning ", Hank looks at me " Are you coming along detective " he says as he picks up his jacket.

" sorry Hank she's gotta stay here , she needs to get a tour by the captain "

" Suit yourself , Nice meeting you y/n "

Both Hank and Wu say as they leave.

Nick then brings me to an office with the blinds open . Nick knocks and I look at the sign on the front .

* CAPTAIN SEAN RENARD*

Damn , I hope this new captains not a bitch .

Nick opens the door and lets me in .

" Captain , Meet my sister y/n."

I look at my new captain to see a fine ass man with the sharpest jawline stand up and tower over me , holding out his hand . His green eyes were looking at me as he was giving off a little smile. I noticed his eyes travelling all over me.

" aah , y/n , nice to meet you , I've heard a lot of things about you "

I stand there looking up at him , clearly shocked at how attractive my new captain was before I made myself say something , still wanting to be respectful .

" Nice to meet you too captain , Thank you so much for this opportunity."

Omg how did I do guys