New Years

Ava gazed out of the bedroom window, the sky lit by fireworks. It wasn't a completely new sight for her, back in South Africa people too would set off fireworks on New Years. But not in this quantity. It startled her a bit, the constant loud sounds hurt her ears.

Just then, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. Ava chuckled, as Connor kissed her temples.
"Beautiful right? All those fireworks" noticing her looking out the window, he stroke her hair gently.
"Yeah, it's just a bit loud for me" she confessed with hasty shake of her head, "though I've never been really fond of fireworks" Ava added, her thoughts seemingly somewhere else.

"Really, how come?" Connor asked, curiously. His arms loosely wrapped around Ava, who tensed with every bang.

"Way too many people get injured or worse besides their also insanely loud" she sighed, her eyes yet again focused on the Chicago sky, still so illuminated by fireworks.

"Understandable, let's say we watch a movie then? Block out the noise out a bit?" Connor suggested, lightly pulling Ava away from the window. She nodded starkly. Grinning slyly, with a swift scoop, Connor picked her up. "WHAT THE HELL CONNOR" Ava yelled, startled. "Set.me.DOWN" unamused by her flailing, Connor carried her to the living room, setting her down on the couch.

Grabbing the remote and turning the tv on, he picked a med show. As expected Ava started berating it the second it started. Whilst Connor simply smiled at her.

"He's asystole why are they shocking him? That's going to hurt him more then it will do any good" she ranted, her head resting against his shoulder.
"Come on Avey its just a show" he chuckled, his hand holding her face, bringing it closer.
"Yeah right, it's just a show until someone actually drops down on street asystole and they shock them" continuing her rant, having noticed Connors close proximity, she leaned in, closing the distance as their lips met.

"Happy New Years" Ava smiled warmly as they broke the kiss.
"Happy New Years Avey"

A/N
Words: 346
Okay first one doneee! Personally I feel it's very rushed but I wanted to get it out before 2024, hope you all enjoyed it💙