Stargazing<Exercise 3>

Late evening at Med and fairly quiet. Something many refused to acknowledge out of superstition. Early November in Chicago wasn't a joke; the frostbitten leaves, of the trees which survived the autumn, serving as proof. But Ava still managed to find her way on the hospital's rooftop, without a coat that is. Usually the cold bothered but tonight, not so much, especially since her mind was on about other things. She'd look up to the sky, the stars like light droplets stirred in black ink. The way they shined comforted her, leading away from the darkness which were her thoughts. Her eyes which shone dimly hazel under the lustre of the moon, deeply fixated on the above. Finding it a much pleasing sight also distracting her from the biting cold.

"I thought you would be here" a warm familiar voice different from the frost which surrounded her.
"You should at least bring you coat" saying so, a coat was draped over her shoulders, a little protection against the low temperatures.
"Connor-" Ava gasped, thankful, only just feeling how frigid it actually was. She suddenly felt vulnerable, sensitive really, likely having to do with the emptiness which stretched over the rooftop and the only two people being there was just her and Connor. Only making it harder to keep her composure, breaking down now seemed so much easier and appealing too.
"What's on you mind Avey?" he saw right through her, he always did. Light whispers whilst he stood behind her.
Ava wasn't sure what to answer, her mind still heavily engrossed by the stars.

The continued silence didn't bother Connor the slightest, wrapping his arms around her waist, awaiting any form of reply.
"The stars" she settled eventually, leaning so slightly in his embrace.
"They're pretty" such he concluded, shifting his eyes towards the dark sky. For a moment he too was taken aback by them, but quickly found himself on solid ground again. Ava was still visibly distraught, perhaps not only by the asteroids. She felt mostly numbed, near every sense depleted and useless, just an admiring stare to the sky and the warm touch of Connor. Such simplicity exactly what she needed in the moment.
"It reminds me of South Africa, stargazing" words under half breath, like a butterfly's wings flicking powerfully in the wind was the sidedness of her sentence.
"My mom used to tell me how whenever there was a new star, another person has joined heaven" reminiscing her words where light, clear.
"Moments like these I look out for her" Connor listened in silence, an occasional nod in respect, besides that nothing. He knew such matters laid sensitive with her.
"I'm sure she would be a beautiful star" he said so carefully, still holding her tightly. Ava nodded in reply, too lost to speak. As for now maybe just being so much closer to the aboves , most of all with Connor's loving hold, would ease her mind a little.
A little towards the light.

A/N
Words: 499
I don't like it bleh, supposed something short and cute but I fail at anything remotely fluffy:')Also almost 1k reads?! You guys are insane<3