chapter 20

Hao was in a mess now, he didn't know what to do or what was exactly going on. But he knew one thing that he needed to confront hanbin.

Unlucky him, he didn't know someone was watching everything that took place inside the secret room. He heard car honks and prayed it's hanbin and hid the diary and ran to check. As expected it was indeed not him. It was the witch herself, his mother.

She was weirdly looking angry? She saw hao at the entrance and went to him and grabbed his hand to drag him and pushed him inside areum's room, she had a spare key. She closed the door and turned to look at him.

Hao was basically petrified to be in this room again.

Hao- mrs.sung why did you drag me here?

Mrs.sung- don't act like you didn't visit this place.

Hao- I don't understand what you are talking about.

Mrs.sung- hao, I saw everything, you know everything now don't you?

Hao- what everything? I swear I don't know what you are talking about...

He was internally panicking and almost about to cry but he needs to know the truth, why was he framed for the death of ana? The substitute and why areum was inside and nobody knew.

Why was he being punished when he didn't do anything wrong?

Mrs.sung- hao there's no use of lying anymore, you're so curious aren't you? Don't you know that curiosity kills the cat....

She slowly walked towards him, hao started stepping back while shaking...

Hao- yes, so what if I am curious. Yes I know everything. I want to know why is areum inside, why are you guys punishing me if areum is alive? What happened to her?

Mrs.sung- tsk tsk so impatient, alright there's no point of hiding when you know so much already.

Hao was looking at her suspiciously.

Mrs.sung- that's not areum you saw back in there.

Hao- huh?

Mrs.sung- the drugs were not just drugs... it was an experiment being conducted and areum was a victim of that experiment.

Hao- what kind of experiment are you talking about?

Mrs.sung- well, an experiment that brings your wild side of your wolf, the inner you to life. To see what would happen wolf was the dominant and your human side being submissive.

Hao- what? Wolf being dominant?

Mrs.sung- yes as you already know, wolf side of us is not easy to calm and handle, the experiment exactly focused on that, taming the beast and enslaving them as security for higher ranks.

Hao- areum is of higher rank, isn't she? Then why...

Mrs.sung- who says she is.... She is just a mere low rank of omegas. The title of being a sung family member gave her a high status...

Hao- how could you say such things, she is your blood.

Mrs.sung- HELL NO SHE IS NOT MY BLOOD.

Hao flinched at her sudden burst

Mrs.sung- SHE out of anyone is not my blood, she is an orphan whom we adopted because of my son and my stupid husband's wish.

Hao- adopted....?

Mrs.sung- yes, and guess what....

She took out something from her purse and bent near hao...

Mrs.sung- seems like my son-in-law is as dumb as his parents... curiosity killed them, it's your turn now I guess. Thanks for being the sacrifice for my experiment honey.

Hao- w..what-

He immediately felt his vision blurred when something sharp was injected in his neck.

Meanwhile

Hanbin returned back home and went to take a shower. After getting ready he came down and went to hao's room and found it was open. Where was he?

He decided to ask sora and she was not aware of anything either, he sighed and called hao but his mobile was left behind in his room itself. He was getting annoyed. Didn't he tell him already they would go for shopping today?

He went to the backyard and other places of the mansion but he was nowhere to be found. He was getting an eerie feeling in his heart which he shrugged off and decided to wait for a while.

2 hours had passed he was nowhere, he knew his mom was home since he saw her car when he came home so he went to her room and knocked on the door. The door opened in few seconds, his mom was surprised to him.

Han/m- what happen hanbin? Do you need something?

Hanbin- mom did you see hao when you came home?

Han/m- hao? No i didn't. why are you looking for him anyways?

Hanbin- we had to go shopping today for university stuff and he is nowhere in home. I waited for 2 hours but he still didn't come home.

Han/m scoffed.

Han/m- maybe he ran away again like he used to, forget about him who cares what happens to him. Don't forget what he did to our areum okay? Stop being soft on him.

Hanbin- I'm not soft on him mom... don't worry I will never forget what he did to areum rest assured.

His mother smiled and hugged him.

Han/m- I'm a bit tired I'm going to sleep okay?

Hanbin nodded and wished her to sleep well and left to his room.

Mrs.sung was looking at hanbin's disappearing figure and a smirk appeared on her face, she turned around and closed the door.

What happened to hao? Where is he? If mrs.sung was the one behind areum... what was the connection with hao's parents and her? What about hanbin's father... is he innocent?

Also clarification all the rooms of the mansion are soundproof..