Chapter 37: Believe

37: Believe;

M I K E Y

"What?" she pulls away from me and turns to face me, "I love you Kristen." I repeat. "No, no, no, you can't." she exclaims, "Why the hell not?!" A pang of hurt slams into my chest, "Because I don't love you back Mikey! I can't love you back, I'm sorry." tears fall out of her eyes and onto her cheeks.

I look at her in disbelief and walk away, out of the apartment. I pace around the hallway and tug at my hair, how can she not? Am I not worth her time? Am I not enough? What did I do? Why can't I mean as much to her as much as she means to me?

"Fuck!" I scream and slam my fist into the brick wall. I hold it there for a while then the pain hits me and I examine it, shit. Red, bleeding knuckles and skin peeling back.

I walk back into the apartment and go into the kitchen, "What happened?" Kristen exclaims, "Nothing." I snap and rise my hand, clenching my jaw.

"Obviously something did." she grabs a towel and turns off the water before wiping my hand, "Why do you suddenly care now? Hm?" I look at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up and let me clean this." she scowls and I stare at her features, she's perfect. But she doesn't think the same of me. She wraps my hand in the towel and leads me to the counter.

She leaves to get the first aid kit and a wrist brace. She opens the kit and grabs five alcohol pads before unwrapping my hand and opening one of them. She rubs my knuckles and I wince, why the fuck does it burn so much?

"Man up." she shakes her head and continues wiping. She throws away the bloody wipe and opens a new one, continuing the same thing. After she wipes my hand clean, she grabs some bandage and wraps my knuckles and bites the tape with her teeth.

"Put this on there." she gives me the brace and I slide it on then buckle it up, "Thanks." I say quietly and she cleans everything up, "Yeah, no problem."

"Why don't you love me back?" I blurt out and she closes her eyes, sighing, "I don't know Mikey. We haven't known each other that long." she shrugs, "A month and three days. That's how long it been since we first met." I tell her and she looks at me in surprise.

"How did you keep track?" she chuckles, "I just counted the times my heart rate would speed up everytime I saw you, which was 33.42 days. Exactly a month and three days." I explain and her mouth falls open.

"You're smart?" she jokes and I playfully push her while smiling, but turn serious, "What is it really?" I ask, "We started being a couple over a hickey Mikey. What is that?" she puts the kit on the other counter.

"We aren't normal couples, so what? I didn't expect you to be the type to want roses and chocolate as a proposal to be my girlfriend. The way we did is special because it's us, flowers and all that shit isn't us. We're rebels, badasses, criminals." I exclaim.

Kristen looks down and I see a tear fall. I grab her arm and pull her into me, she looks up. Her body leaning into me, her face expression a little scared and her eyes glossy, full of hope.

"Your body tells me one story, your face another, and your eyes another. Tell me, which one do I believe?"

___________________________

I ACTUALLY HAD THIS ONE PLANNED OUT HOLY FUCK GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK PLEASE AND SHARE MY STORY AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.4K LOVE YOU BABIES

  -a$ap baby.