Chapter 40: Shallow

- Listen to Sirens by Cher Lloyd because it's really important to fit in with this chapter and I couldn't find it here without copyrights 😞 -

40: Shallow;

T H I R D P E R S O N

Five Years Later.

Five years. 60 months. 261 weeks. 1825 days.

It's been that long since Kristen and Michael saw each other. That is, until this day. The hangout spot forty five minutes from Michael's same apartment, the hangout spot almost three hours from Kristen's place. That's where it happened. That's where they met once again, that's where it all went down.

January 29th, 2016. Tuesday.

Michael catches up with one of his best guy friends, Jake, in the corner with his second beer in his hand. Kristen pulls up to the old looking cabin, in her grey Challenger. Just like his. She pulls out her phone and checks the address Marley sent her at least forty times to make sure she went.

She nods and steps out of her car in her red bralette and black, high waisted skinny jeans with rips on her thighs. She runs her hand through her hair and looks down at her leather combat boots. Be calm. She tells herself.

He's probably not even here. She takes a deep breath and closes her car door with her phone and keys in hand. She walks up to the door and walks in, immediately attacked by a pair of arms. "Baby girl." Marley squeals and Kristen chuckles.

Michael's eyes travel to the body in Marleys arms. He ignores it and looks out the window, bored since Jake left to his girlfriend. He sees another grey Challenger just like his and chuckles. Looks like I've got some competition. He thinks.

His mind wanders from the car to the love of his life. Maryann Liza Rodriguez-Fusco. His daughter, from his beautiful fiancé. He's soon to be married, in almost six months, he'll be married to Krystal Ryker Rodriguez. The thought of his perfect family brings a smile to his face, he's happy.

As for Kristen, she's single and alone. No one there for her, no one to talk to her, no one but her in her own little world. The twenty one year old is taking risks and living life like it's supposed to be lived. Racing, selling, smoking. Still in the illegal life.

She's got a few more tattoos. One on her left hip, one on the back of her left hand, two on her right arm and one more on her collarbone. The hip tattoo is her new little brothers name, Jonathan, in cursive. The hand tattoo is Marylyn Monroe's face. The collarbone tattoo is a random feather. The right arm tattoos, well, those are her favorite quotes.

"No Matter What We Go Through, I'll Ride For You." and "Your body tells me one story, your face another, and your eyes another. Tell me, which one do I believe?"

She didn't know why she got them, she just did. She felt risky and wild that night. The night she lost her virginity to an asshole who left right after. Sad, right?

"Okay everyone, may I have your attention?" Marley grabs the microphone and hops onto the small stage and everyone turns to her, "We have a old guest here tonight! Please welcome, Kristen Santiago!" she exclaims and everyone cheers, but Michael freezes, and Kristen climbs onto stage.

She smiles and look around, still same old to her. She looks in the corner and her smile fades, it's him. Michael Fusco. "My old friend is back and ready for a good night! To kick it off, we need to get her a few shots." Marley smirks and everyone cheers once again, everyone but him.

He can't believe it. She can't either. Looking straight at each other, they see what they could've had or what they always wanted. They see each other. They see their relationship, their memories, their shallow moments, they see everything. They see the end of them, that day.

That day Kristen fell into the shallow waters and still managed to drown in alcohol or weed. They see how Michael became stronger and how he helped himself up and moved on while Kristen is still in the same spot.

In the Shallow waters.

_____________________________

I think I'm going to pass out from crying so hard. This was so hard for me. Literally. I can't breathe.

This was such an amazing journey. This book is the only one I'll ever really be proud of. Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting and voting, you all mean so much to me. Just, thank you. I hope you guys enjoyed this book, I really hope you did.

You all mean the world and I am so proud of this book. Thank you all again.

I don't know about a sequel yet but I will be posting a few bonus chapters. check out my other stories too tho!

wow, okay. Thank you guys, AGAIN. love you all so much.

vote : comment

xx -a$ap baby.