Brother-In-Law Complex

"Good~morning!"

The boy sang, smiling broadly. With his curly, white hair and sparkly eyes, he gave off such an innocent, pure feeling. When he closes his eyes, Ken could recall that round, innocent face. But looking at the boy now, he couldn't find even the slightest hint of that cherubic face. The white hair was gone, too. He had dyed it flaming red and his piercings matched that hair. 

"Good morning," he said, smiling. The dimples were there, though. Ken smiled, too. He looked just as cute when he smiled as that time. 

"Morning," Ken put down the plate heaped with breads on the table. His wife dashed out of their room and hastily sat down, putting breakfast on her plate. 

"I'm gonna be late, again!" she moaned, stuffing herself with food and glancing at the wall-clock. 

"Don't eat so fast, you'll choke," her brother laughed. Min came to the table and sat down. She was a quiet girl, resembling more of her father than her mother. her soft black hair was tied and the thick-framed glasses made her look even more innocent. Ken had always been happy about his daughter, but he wished she hadn't inherited his bad eye-sight, too. 

"Honey, I'm leaving first!" his wife rushed off. 

"Yeah, be safe," he called from behind. But she was already closing the door. Min glanced at the door and then at her father, "Why is she late again? Didn't she get up at time?"

"Ah, I did wake her up at time," Ken smiled, "But she took a little bit more time for getting ready."

"Figures, she was practically sparkling," she shrugged, impassive. Ken had noticed, too. It wasn't really usual that she put on that much make-up or effort. 

"Maybe there's some occasion at her work," he said, sitting down. He caught Caleb staring at him and smiled, 

"Eat as much as you'd like. I've made plenty."

"Yes, thank you...Do you usually cook?" he asked, helping himself to more bread and butter. 

"No, Samira does. But she's been taking long in the bathroom so I made it today."

"Oh."

"Dad, I'll wash the dishes, you can leave now," Min said. Caleb nodded, "Yes, brother. I'll help her."

"Thanks," Ken put the apron on the back of a chair and snatched his bag before heading out. He was feeling mentally exhausted lately. At least tomorrow is the weekend. 

"Min is in her room studying," Caleb said, welcoming him at the evening, "And sister hasn't come back yet."

"I see," Ken was already feeling better. He wouldn't have to rush off to office tomorrow...

"Brother, would like to have a drink with me?" Caleb said, tilting his head. 

"Sure," Ken started to smile, but then paused, "But how old are you?"

"Come on! I'm an adult!" he made a face. Ken grinned and clapped him on the back, "Is that so?"

"I turned 20 in March, brother," he said, with a cute smile. Ken pinched his cheek, grinning broadly, "You're just as cute as always. Alright, let's drink tonight!"

"Sister called," Caleb said as Ken came into the room after showering, "She'd be late tonight. Some office program, she said."

"Oh, is that so," Ken sat down with him beside the bed, "Min is still studying. She said it's not too late and she'd go to sleep once she's done."

"She's a good girl. I heard she's even good at school and art-school?" Caleb asked, opening a can. 

"Yes," Ken's face softened, "I don't want to sound like a bragging dad...but she really is too good. At times I want her to make mistakes and act a bit rebellious. I must not be realizing what a blessing she is, huh?"