Brother-In-Law Complex (End)

"...brother..."

He keeps clinging to Ken even after being scolded. It happened gradually, but Ken could feel the boy crossing the boundaries one by one and getting too close to him. It was uncomfortable at first, Ken would often tell him to back off. The boy would always listen and step back. But only to come closer again the next day. 

Their divorce procedures ended without any hassle and he was grateful for that. Min had stopped being so quiet and grim and she was now talking more than ever. Ken couldn't tell if she was just trying to act cheerful or if she was really trying to change her demeanor. She was even making snacks now and then, to Ken's surprise. 

"But you always said you hated cooking," he said softly, "If...you're doing this for my sake, please don't force yourself." 

"Of course I'm doing this for you, and for me and uncle, too," she said, peeling a dragon-fruit, "I want us to have fun and enjoy everyday. Do you not like it, me being more talkative than before?"

"I can never not like you," he told her, putting a hand on her head. She gave a nod, not lifting her head. She almost reached his shoulder now. 

"Are you making milkshake?" he asked, passing her the sugar. 

"Yes, it's really healthy, dragon-fruit milkshake," she told him, "You won't get bald if you regularly drink this. And the hair will become nicer, too."

"Well, I'm an old man. I don't really care if I start going bald." 

"You're not old." 

The door opened and they both glanced behind them. Min said, "Uncle's home. Would you give him this for me?"

"Sure," Ken took the glass and headed for Caleb's room. He knocked and then entered, "Caleb, Min made this-"

Caleb had dropped the bag on the floor. He put a hand on the door and closed it behind Ken, coming so close that when he spoke, Ken could smell strawberry on his breath. He must've been drinking that extra-sweet fruit drinks again. 

"...I've missed you so~much...brother," he leaned in and for a moment Ken thought it would be a kiss. But Caleb only put his head on his shoulder and wrapped his arms around Ken's waist, "Will you believe me if I said I was thinking about you the whole day?"

"Well, you're not sane," Ken pushed his face away and shoved the glass in his face, "Drink this. Min made it."

"What is it? Oh, that milkshake," Caleb drank it in one go and licked his lips, "I saw her watching videos about how to make this." 

"Yeah, come out after washing up," Ken turned and reached for the door-knob, "Dinner's ready..."

"...Brother," Caleb pressed himself against Ken and put his own hand over Ken's hand on the door-knob. He kissed the back of Ken's neck, then again at the place right beside where he kissed the first time. He tugged at the shoulder of the t-shirt and revealed a part of Ken's shoulder, "Did you take a bath after coming home? You smell nice."

"Girls smell nicer, and younger men, too," Ken told him, "After a few years, I'll start to smell like an old man. Stop sniffing and talking like that. It's embarrassing."

"Are you embarrassed? Let me see," Caleb touched his chin and turned his face. Ken's hand slapped over his mouth hard and he said, "You stink of sweat. Go take a shower and come out to eat."

"Mmhm," even so, he kissed the palm, nodding. 

"Dad," Min said, looking up, "My friends are gathering tomorrow at Zen's place. I'd like to go, too."

"You don't need to take permissions for meeting with your friends," Ken told her. 

"They're now talking about having a slumber party...would you be OK with that?"