Even If This Is Sin, I Am Not Turning Back (End)

"Yeah?"

"Hey, I hate that attitude," the girl, sitting cross-legged on his bed, pouted. She was the youngest daughter of his mom's youngest sister. And this girl was too annoying. 

"If you hate my attitude so much, why don't you get lost?" Rami said, frowning, "It isn't polite to come into a bachelor's room as you please and jump into their bed. Did you really go to school?"

"God! You're as annoying as ever!" she sighed. Rami grimaced, "Look who's talking."

"Whatever. Did you even hear what I was saying? You kept scribbling on that notepad since I came here! I'm a pretty young girl! Come on! Give me some attention, will ya?" she whined. 

"Get lost."

"Ugh, fine, I'll tell you something about Sami if you let me stay here."

"Get lost."

"It's about his love-life. You do know that I'm pretty good at collecting data on people, huh? Ah, I don't mean this in an illegal way. Just common, normal stuff, y'know. Well, anyway, the thing is, he broke up with his girlfriend from high-school in last June and then he got into a relationship with one of his classmates and guess what? They're getting engaged!" she said dramatically. 

Rami's hand wanted to stop. But he didn't look at her and kept writing. 

"Hey! I just told you something interesting! Give me some money!"

"Did I want to know?" he sighed, putting down his pen. 

"Tsk, hey, weren't you pretty close to him? What happened that you two are so distant now?"

"He's graduating this autumn," Rami muttered, "Does he plan on marrying her after he gets a job?"

"Yep. They've got job offers from the same company and will be joining shortly after graduating. Lucky, huh?" 

"Yeah."

"How's your work going, by the way?" she asked after a pause. Rami looked at her and smiled, "Not bad. But I haven't really gotten any big news since I joined. And it'd be a good couple years before I get promoted."

"Still, I love your job!" she exclaimed, "I wish I could work alongside you! It must be exciting to be a journalist, huh?"

Rami cocked his head, "It's actually pretty exciting. Even the dangers, I like this job because it's risky."

"Whoa! You're talking like a cool guy, Rami!" she said, eyes widening in surprise, "That's really unexpected!"

He slammed the door shut after throwing her out of the room. He leaned against the door and slid down. It was hilarious. He didn't know he could feel this pathetic. So that night...when Sami just willingly came to him...it was because he was feeling crappy about his breakup? Just to forget about her, huh? Rami pressed his fingers to his eyes and let out a long, heavy sigh. Now he felt like shit. 

"He wasn't ever gonna love me, anyway," he mumbled, "That selfish little prick..."

It was the first time that he ever wished he hadn't fallen for that guy. He wanted to make him suffer, he wanted to see him in misery. He wanted to see tears rolling down his eyes and a devastated look in his eyes...Maybe he should just snatch his new girlfriend and soon-to-be-fiancé and humiliate him. It would surely break him, right? Especially when his lengthy relationship with that high-school sweetheart was ruined not long ago...Rami buried his head in his arms and wondered how the grown up Sami would look in distress, with tears filling his soft eyes and then rolling down those cheeks...He would bet that even in that pathetic state, Sami would look beautiful. How could...he not look beautiful...was that even possible...at least not in Rami's eyes.