• 𝘐 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘛𝘰 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘥 •

(𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘗𝘖𝘝:)

"Oi, ya fuckin' weirdo." Liam sneered.

Madison kept her head down, not thinking that he was talking to her.

"Maddie, I'm talking to ya." He frowned, walking closer to where she stood by the school fence.

"What? Why am I a weirdo?" She looked up, the happy expression from her face dropped and was replaced by one of sadness.

"Y'know when I said keep the jacket I didn't mean wear it to school." He grimaced. "You look a right prick."

"Well you could've told me that when you gave me it." Her eyes welled up with tears.

"People are gonna think something's going on between us." Liam scoffed. "I don't want them to think that."

Madison blinked back the tears in her eyes and slipped the jacket off. "Have it back then." She held it out toward him.

"I don't want it back." He shook his head, his arms staying flat by his sides.

"Why are you having a go at me for wearing it then?" Madison rolled her eyes.

"Cause someone saw, yeah? And they asked me if we were going out with ya." He shrugged before crossing his arms.

"Oh and there's something horrendously wrong with people thinking that." Madison scoffed sarcastically.

"Yeah, there is actually." Liam had a look of disgust on his face.

"How lovely." She sighed, turning away from him and beginning to walk down the street.

She managed to get halfway down the path when she heard his footsteps behind her.

"Maddie, don't." He grabbed her hand. "I didn't mean that."

Madison's full body slowly turned around, a look of sadness across her entire face.

"Why did you say it then?" She scoffed, pulling her hand away.

To her surprise, he held it even tighter than he was before.

"I overreacted about that jacket, yeah? An' it slipped out. I'm sorry." He nodded.

Madison looked down at their hands, her well-manicured fingers intertwined with his rough ones. Thumbs grazing over eachother's knuckles.

"Yeah, whatever. It doesn't matter." She cleared her throat, trying to pull her hand away.

He wouldn't let go.

"Let's get to yours before it starts rainin' then." He gave her a genuine smile.

"Okay." She nodded.

They quickly got back to walking, their hands finally pulling apart.

"Got anything exciting coming up?" Madison raised her eyebrows.

"A few 'ouse parties." He shrugged. "Not that much. You?"

"It's my eighteenth in two weeks time." She nodded, looking down at the ground. "Not looking forward to it at all."

She slowly turned her head to study his face. His big eyebrows, thick lashes, baby blue eyes, wonky nose and plump lips. He really was pretty.

No one needed to know she thought that though.

"Why not? Eighteenth's are great, finally buying booze and getting into clubs without doing anythin' wrong. Mine was in September, it really makes everythin' easier." He raised his eyebrows, shrugging at the same time.