Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 33: Princes Never Accept A No

"This is it for today, boys," Archie spoke. "Same time tomorrow, okay?"

"Yes, sir!" Finn replied with a firm nod, making the stable boy smile.

Over the past couple of weeks, since Archie had begun training the three boys, they had undoubtedly grown closer. Archie watched as they gathered their belongings, chatting and sharing teasing banter with a playful nudge here and there.

"A game of chess today?" James asked. "It has been a while since we played."

"How about tomorrow, little prince? I have a lot of work to catch up on for today," Archie said.

"But mother has taken all my siblings to visit my grandfather so I have no one to play with," James spoke with a sad frown. "And father is busy holding court today..."

"Okay, okay," Archie answered, not finding it in his heart to be able to say no to the boy. "But after lunch, all right? Go eat first and then we can play in my room. And just one game!"

"You are the best, Archie!" James grinned, dropping the disheartened puppy face in an instant once Archie gave in. The stable boy let out a light chuckle, knowing very well that he had just gotten guilt-tripped by a twelve-year-old.

With that, all of them parted ways. Archie went to the servant's quarter first to fill his own stomach, and then to his room. He was slightly caught off guard by a basket of fresh fruits kept neatly on his table. Archie walked over to it, noticing a small piece of paper tucked underneath. It had a single letter written on it.

K.

Archie smiled, immediately knowing who it was from. Archie grabbed an apple, about to bite into it when there was a knock on the door. With a sigh, he kept the fruit down and went to open up.

His second surprise of the day was Sir Christian at his door. Archie had been, more or less, avoiding the knight since they got back from Bluestone Lake. The blond had tried to speak to Archie on a few occasions, but Archie would just make an excuse to get out of it. He still needed time, and eventually, the knight got the hint and left the stable boy alone.

"How can I help you, Sir Christian?" Archie asked, keeping his tone formal.

"Archie...you do not need to—" the knight paused, shaking his head gently before continuing. "Prince Kenric has requested your presence."

"Kenric? Why? And where?" Archie questioned.

"I do not know why, only that he said it was a private matter so I told him of the area in the forest where we used to practice for the tournament. He is waiting there for us now," Sir Christian answered.

"Us?" Archie raised a questioning brow.

"He asked me to be there as well," the knight confirmed with a firm nod. Archie hummed lightly as he shrugged casually. The blond turned around, and Archie followed behind him after closing his door.

The two walked in silence. It felt awkward, but Archie was not ready to put what happened behind him yet. He could tell that the knight was itching to say something. To say anything. But he respected Archie's need for space and stayed quiet.

Kenric was, indeed, already there and waiting for the men. He smiled as his eyes landed on his lover before he nodded politely at the knight.

"I figured it was time that we have a conversation about what our next steps are going to be," Kenric began. "Firstly, Sir Christian, I want to ask if you wish to be with us on our quest. You can say no and step back, and I would respect your decision. Our hunt for the blood witch is not going to be easy and... I will understand if you want no part of it."

icon lock

Show your support for kara, and continue reading this story

by kara
@howtosellmysoul
Bound by a forbidden love, Prince Kenric and Archie have to navigate...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 10 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @howtosellmysoul.