Chapter 14

A few weeks after the ball, Yunjin went abroad, Y/n closed the café until Yunjin comes back.

...

"Beomgyu" a scared and a worried voice called the bored, tired boy downstairs. The boy was a mess and he had spilled soda on his shirt the moment his mother called him downstairs.
"Ah crap" he sighed and just ignored it, he made his way downstairs to see his mother all terrified. There was somebody standing infront of her but he couldn't see, he finally came down as he muttered "what hap-" right when he was asking he swallowed his words as he saw who was standing infront of him.

"Greet him." His mother eyed him.

"Good evening father, I didn't expect you" Beomgyu bowed. He was actually very terrified, but he tried to keep his cool.

"What a mess you all are living in" Mr.Choi spoke. He was a strict guy who had slept with many women, that's why he had left but he came back. Why are they scared of him? There are many things he did to the family of three, he's the reason Beomgyu's brother left to Seoul.

None of them dared to talk back.
"I heard my co-workers saw you with a girl, a girl who is poor. I thought you knew better?" Mr.Choi spoke as he changed his tone. Beomgyu didn't say anything, he kept his gaze low.
"I told you that you would marry
Mr.Park's daughter Aeri, how many times did I tell you? Yet you're still running behind a poor broke girl? She can't even pay her mother's hospital bills" He spoke, Beomgyu's eyes widened as he looked up. "Her mother is wha-" as he was about to ask he got a slap thrown to his face, his mother flinched as she held on to the shoulders of Mr.Choi.
"Don't touch me woman" the man pushed Mrs.Choi on to the ground, she was slammed hardly onto the ground which made her hit her head bounce off.

Beomgyu tried helping her but his father pushed him to the wall.
"I don't want a fucking family that lives in failure, I said I wanted a successful life, and if you ruin my dreams, I'm going to tear you apart" he choked his son, beomgyu tried freeing himself from him but the father gritted his teeth as his grip on the boy's throat got stronger. The mother on the ground unable to do anything.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door making the father let go of Beomgyu, He slightly opened the door and it was Taehyun.
"Hey Taehyun, what brings you here son?" The Dad put on an act. Taehyun knew what his dad did and what he does, his eyes also shocked to see him here. He had to find a way to get them out of this disaster.

"Hello Mr.Choi! I didn't know you had came home! My mother had made these cookies for Mrs.Choi, may I come in?" Taehyun smiled.
"The house is really messy right now, I'll take tho-" right when Mr.Choi was about to take the basket out of Taehyuns hand he got cut off.
"My mom wanted to know how Mrs.Choi was, may I please come in? Me and Beomgyu were also going to the internet Cafe today" Taehyun spoke. Mr.Choi smiled, "just a minute son" He closed the door,

"Get up woman, if you fail me it'll be a lot worse" Mr.Choi helped her to the chair. He signaled beomgyu to sit across his mother, Beomgyu did what he said, the three put on an amazing family act. "You may come in" Mr.Choi opened the door and Taehyun came in with a smile on his face.

As he entered, he saw Mrs.Choi looking at Taehyun with a smile. Beomgyu was just trying to catch his breath, he was looking really pale. He had poured himself a glass of water. Taehyun was worried but had to go with the act.