Chapter 21

°°°
That night. 8:03 PM
°°°

Beomgyu had walked back home after walking Y/n home, he was smiling all the way home wondering if Y/n feels the same way as him, he hesitates to take steps as each step he takes he thinks of Y/n.

As he arrives at home, He realizes that the guest room lights are on, meaning that his father had came home.

He steps up on the porch and presses down the door handle, making the door creak as he opens it. "I'm home" Beomgyu said in a lower tone, not knowing if his father is awake or watching the TV. Suddenly, the TV noise got cut off, the heavy footsteps and the sound of an oldie sighing could be heard, Beomgyu knew it was his father and stood there as his father's shadow got bigger and bigger.

"Where were you?" Oldie asks while gritting his teeth in anger.
Beomgyu stood there in silence without a single word escaping his mouth. He kept it all inside as he was ready to he bombarded with his father's yelling.

"I said, where were you?" Oldie raises his tone as he demands an answer.

"Choi Beomgyu don't make me repeat my words three times, I will beat you til' you bleed if you don't answer me foe the 3rd time." Oldie loses his temper as he wants an answer.

"Where-" Before Oldie can say anything Beomgyu cuts him off.

"I was outside with my friends" Beomgyu answers as he tries to play the brave guy.

"Taehyun?" Oldie asks. Beomgyu nods.

"Call him." He demands.

"He's tired, ge probably hasn't gotten home ye-"

"Do you want me to repeat what I said?" Oldie slightly raises his tone.

Beomgyu sighs and pulps out his phone.

Meanwhile..

Taehyun was reading a book as a he sat by the couch with his Mom next to him. They would spend time together mostly when it came to books. They didn't have the same taste in books, Taehyun liked fantasy meanwhile his mom read books about psychology. But no matter the difference they had always bonded together and would explain eachother's books to eachother. Right when Taehyun turned the page his phone rung, he stood up and made his way to the his phone as he wondered who could he calling at this time.

•••

"Speaker" Oldie grunts.

Beomgyu puts it on speaker.

"Hello?" Taehyun calls out.

"Hey Tae, did you get home safely?" Beomgyu asks with a hesitant tone.

"Gyu? Why didn't you come-" as Taehyun was asking a question he heard a grunt that was definitely not Beomgyu's.

He cut himself off and stopped with the question.

"I got home safely, my legs just hurt from soo much walking" Taehyun answers as he plays along.

"Ah, hope it heals, make sure to rest, I'll see you tomorrow" Beomgyu plays it all cool.

"Alright, see ya dude" Taehyun hangs up while Beomgyu smirks.

"So you skipped school for this?" His father tries to find a reason to yell st him.