7. A rude visitor

Scene 1

The moon was shining, as Asya rode back on her horse, the clatter of hooves announcing her arrival. Leyla, her older cousin, stood waiting by the window, flanked by other concerned female members of the family.

Leyla: (whispering to the others) There she is. Finally.

Scene 2

The room was dimly lit, with the flickering candlelight.

Thomas lay on the makeshift bed, still recovering from the bullet removal, while John lounged nearby, nursing a bottle of rum

Thomas lay on the makeshift bed, still recovering from the bullet removal, while John lounged nearby, nursing a bottle of rum. Arthur, positioned by the window, kept a watchful eye on the approaching figure.

 Arthur, positioned by the window, kept a watchful eye on the approaching figure

Arthur: (leaning back) She's back. Riding a horse, like a professional.

John: (taking a swig of rum) A horse? Maybe she can help with the races.

John chuckles.

Arthur continued his observations.

Arthur: Can still see the mark on her face. The old man didn't hold back.

Thomas: (wincing) Slapped her, did he?

Arthur nods.

John: (offering the rum) Anesthesia. Might help with the pain.

Thomas accepted the bottle, taking a cautious sip.

Scene 3

Leyla opened the door, her expression a mix of worry and curiosity.

Leyla: (softly) Asya, where have you been? We were worried.

Asya not looking at her, was taking out her shoes.

Asya: (coldly) Out.

Leyla sighed, the other women exchanged concerned glances.

Leyla: You can't keep disappearing like this. Your father is out, and we need to know you're safe.