Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Honesty
" You ain't shit and you never goin be shit!" My mother yelled from the other room

I ignored her like I always did and continued to walk towards my "room" or at least that's just what I called it but really it was just a raggedy old basement with mold and leaky pipes. My "bed" was just some blankets and a dirty pillow on the floor, I hung curtains from the ceiling to at least give myself somewhat a little privacy.
Sitting down I grabbed a piggy that I was hiding and took out the $50 I just made, I folded it up sticking it inside.
Trey
I sat at the piano in my studio that I had built in the basement of my home. Going over a list of ideas for my next album. I wanted to give my fans an inside look at me, the real me, not the womanizer me that is portrayed.
"Fuck!" I yelled balling up a piece of notebook paper and tossing it across the room. I needed to clear my mind. What I needed was some fresh air I was held up in the studio for hours going over beats, lyrics, mixes, samples etc and I had some good material but nothing that was just IT. I sighed in frustration rubbing my hand across my face. Walking up the steps I took them 2 at a time I could smell chicken being fried in the kitchen.

"Something smells good up in here." I exclaimed walking through the double doors of the kitchen

My wife Amber was standing with her back to me cooking over the stove. I tip toed over grabbing the top of a container lifting it up to sneak a piece of what was inside.

"Not so fast, those are for dinner." Amber chastised me.

"I know I was just giving it a taste test." I smirked removing my hand and closing the lid

"A taste test? Riiight." She laughed not believing a word I said.

"You know you're my favorite right?" I walked up to her wrapping my arms around her waist watching her stir the pot of mac and cheese in front of her.

"You're favorite? I thought I was your only. Oh you're never gonna eat now." She scrunched up her face

"Oh come on." I squeezed her just a little bit tighter.

Before she could reply we both her a scream.

"Wait what was that?" She quickly pulled away from me looking around

"Where's Caliegh?" I blurted out backing up towards the bedroom stairs, where she would usually be

"I thought she was..." Her voice trailed off as her face filled with horror

I rushed past her as fast as I could without a second thought I went barreling outside but it was too late. Floating face first in the pool was our 3 year old daughter Caliegh. I hopped in the pool fully clothed to pull her out.

"Ahhhh Nooooo!" Amber came yelling out behind me

"Call 911!" I yelled.

I placed her on to the ground and began to do CPR.

"Come on baby breathe." I repeated over and over, but it was too late.